grundy

Cabling Outdoor

What does everyone do for outdoor cameras? We have been purchasing mounts where the cable runs inside but if we started using the cheaper mounts, what is the correct way to get Siamese cable to exit the building and into the outdoor enclosure?

Thanks!

Agree with G-Man, I use conduit.. might as well oversize it and pull a spare if its a long run you might be out there later for future... exit from a nema box or access fitting if thru wall (removable cover) up to cam with another small nema box for connection with watertight conection, depending on application if the cabling is exposed to cam use flex or armour if its in a vandal environment prefer armour from the box to the cam (minor deterrent) protect from critters...birds peckin and squirrels...

I use weatherproof 1 gang boxes on the surface with a gray faceplate, and flexible gray tubing to the camera. The connector that hooks into the camera is usually a liquitite connector, which can be purchased at Lowe's. A kit can also be purchased that has the tube and the connectors. If you do it often, I'd recommend an electrical supply store.

i also usually use some sealant (silicone caulking) on the hole where the wire goes into the wall.

Who makes the tubing you guys use? Are you using a solid tubing or split tubing?

What are you plugging the second hole with (pelco outdoor enclsoure)

Thanks!