Sign in to follow this  
pasmore

Dvr capture card and seamless switching question?

Hi

Will using a PC dvr or capture card allow me to get seamless camera cuts?

I'm trying to find a system that will allow sequence through an 8 camera set up where I can avoid the glitch produced by an analogue switcher that does not sync with the cameras.

I dont need to record the info to tape I need the play out the camera sequence in full frame and in realtime and wondering what would be a good system to use that looks good.

Reading your other post... What you are tryin to do is more for industrial/video production type of applications that gear is pricey but sounds like a synchro or possible ground problem...not too sure bout those cams ability... locking to your switcher maybe have to upgrade your cams and try this or similar...

http://www.burstelectronics.com/vs8x8.htm also look at the Model VS8x1.... this is from their spec: "When a channel is selected, the switcher waits for the start of the next vertical interval to change to the selected input. If the inputs are synchronous (genlocked), this will allow a seamless transition from one input to another. All inputs are DC clamped, at the back porch (color burst), to ground by the video switcher. The output is also ground referenced. If there are any level shifts on the incoming video, the video switcher will eliminate these offsets and ground reference the outgoing video." Good Luck

Hello pasmore,

I think i can help you. The function of sequencing display is a basic function for DVR. all of our DVR software (WIndows based DVR or Linux based DVR) can do it. it support up to 64 channels real-time previewing with sequencing display by 1/4/8/16windows.