griffonsystems

one of those interesting requests - highspeed sports camera

i have a client that has an indoor batting cage for his daughters softball team - he's really into softball, anyway they use this room for practice during the winter and want to setup a highspeed recording system that they can analyze pitching and swings, etc - i have put in a system for his other business, a truck engine recycling yard, and will be putting a system in this office building as well but wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this type of "high speed sports recording system"

i am going over tomorrow and set up one camera and my dvr at 30fps and see if that gets him what he needs... but he probably needs to be at more like 300fps for this type of application

any thoughts?

Your gonna want to use a box camera with adjustable shutter speeds, choose the higher settings like 1/100000, make sure there is enough lighting.

i have a client that has an indoor batting cage for his daughters softball team - he's really into softball, anyway they use this room for practice during the winter and want to setup a highspeed recording system that they can analyze pitching and swings, etc - i have put in a system for his other business, a truck engine recycling yard, and will be putting a system in this office building as well but wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this type of "high speed sports recording system"

i am going over tomorrow and set up one camera and my dvr at 30fps and see if that gets him what he needs... but he probably needs to be at more like 300fps for this type of application

any thoughts?

If you really need that frame rate you will need to look outside cctv stuff. Take a look at machine vision cameras, they can go to very high frame rate - the cameras and capture cards are expensive.

Also worth looking at some of the multimegapixel IP cameras like those from Arecont. They can do high frame rate at lower resolution.