Sliceman

Which card allows me to record only 1 image/second? Thanks

Hi,

I would like to know which card allows me to record only 1 image/second with motion detection? The best one I mean!

Thanks,

SM

Hello Sliceman,

I agree with Rory, almost all the good brand card can do it. but this seems not cost-effective.

What you really want to do? If you just want to save transmission bandwidth, you can select one card with better compression algorithm, for example, H.264. Good card record data with 90M - 500MB per hour.

Hi,

Thank you for your answers.

I would like to record a TV signal (ie: CNN) at 1 image/second straight in JPEG files (NTSC format, not small one)... I was searching something for a long time but Ive found nothing yet! Do you know what kind of stanalone DVR or DVR card is able to do that?

Thank you very much,

You are probably going to be better of not using a DVR at all, you could simply use a webserver (or obviously a DVR) and set up a FTP, you can then set the JPEG intervals, but if you want to have the actual .AVI style file then a DVR would be the best option, there are many that you could set to 1fps but they will not be individul files unless you FTP

there are 2 obsolete devices that can do that, the "snappy" from play inc. was a video frame grabber that connects to a parallel printer port, the software could be set to do continuous capture of frames saved as individual image files. the second was the novex video catcher, a primitive dvr unit that also connected to a parallel printer port and could record at 1 frame/second with motion detection. both have been out-of-production for a long time....

Geo Vision can be set to 1 frame per second per camera indepent to the motion detection as most police crime dection unit's ask for this. Just incase someone delets the motion detected files. this leves all the 1f/ps files in tact

Geo Vision can be set to 1 frame per second per camera indepent to the motion detection as most police crime dection unit's ask for this. Just incase someone delets the motion detected files. this leves all the 1f/ps files in tact

but are these recorded as individual jpeg files?