jeromephone

My business partner was held up in his home

Last Fri my business partner was followed home and held up at knife point right in his garage. They got about 200 and his wife got pushed down and slightly injured. He did manage to get his shotgun and fired off a shot. They were so shook up they forgot they have a camera on the driveway. They got some good video and they also have the guy on camera at the gas station he followed them from. I hope they get him I think my partner was right not to try and shoot him as he would have had to live with the outcome for the rest of his life. He just wishes he had thought to shoot out a tire. We are all just gratefull that he and his wife are all right.

Glad their okay ..

Someone comes at me with a knife I would be kind of glad .. at least as opposed to a gun, or a machete .. the knife, I can disable that.

So we gonna see some video now

Did the video get any ID?

A guy got his throat cut the other night at a night club here, well after a fight inside and it happened outside in the street, they cut his throat with a box cutter!!! No camera was out there though as it was on the main road .. and its a new club so havent added all the cameras yet

ya last year we caught a murder of someone who was robbed at gunpoint and then for no reason the guy shot the guy right in the head right in front of his wife and two kids! Honestly after watching that video I cried my eyes out.

When I met my wife, I had a hard time convincing her why I carried my Glock when we went on trips out of town. Never loaded, but always within reach of me. Until the night we were in Marysville (Cal) after a concert at the Sacramento Valley Amphitheater. I awoke around 2am to a person who had a "pass key" , opening the door to our room. The man was drunk and turned on the lights in the room, thinking ( I assume) that no one was in the room. I had the magazine in and had chambered a round by the time he took the second step into the room , as the Glock was next to me on the night stand. I could not tell who was screaming louder, my wife lying next to me, or the man who had his hands raised over his head, standing in the doorway. Needless to say, today, when we plan a overnight trip, my wife will make the "to pack" list, and now it always includes the word "Glock" on it.

I hear it's the same way in North Korea, Iran, Mexico, France, etc. Would be funny to me, to see a Clint Eastwood , or John Wayne movie, without firearms. We grew up as kids seeing Roy Rogers and the Lone Ranger use firearms to help everyone. No one here would have dared arrest Roy Rogers for carrying a handgun!!

Im glad guns are not available (easily) over in the UK.

I probably would have shot myself years ago if they were....

That is a personal preference. Firearms in the hands of law-abiding people are a threat to no one. King George of England was the main reason our Founding Fathers wrote the "right to keep and bear arms" in our Constitution. Wasn't the Magna Carta signed by your King, because he was held by the Knights with force? Albeit with swords, at the time, as firearms were not around then. Would love to see every Cuban wake up tomorrow morning with a rifle in the house. Free Enterprise would take about a week.

The police caught the guy who robbed my partner. He was a local as suspected. He got stopped in a neighboring town for driving with a broken windshield so he was driving around with his head out of the window at night when we were having a late season blizzard temp was about 10 degrees F. wearing the same clothes as in the video. Arrested on bunch of other charges. Admitted to doing the robbery but said that the reason my partners wife broke her hand was because she was chasing him. Cop told my partner that he had to be brilliant chose to rob the only house in hicksville that happened to have video survalliance and the owner is a gun nut to boot. Hope the judge doesn't let him plead out to a slap on the wrist charge.

ankle holsters leave alot to be desired. it's like excuse me mr. robber while i go hide somewhere to pull my pant leg up and draw my gun.

can't draw on the run either, and they're uncomfortable too.

ankle holsters leave alot to be desired. it's like excuse me mr. robber while i go hide somewhere to pull my pant leg up and draw my gun.

can't draw on the run either, and they're uncomfortable too.

Naw you turn in a puss and start pleading for your life, not a bad position to draw or shoot from.

i dont know one can outdraw an adversary while they have a bead on you already, doesn't sound like good odds.