rory

Consultant Prices

whats the going US rate for CCTV/Security consultants?

Is it like a percentage of the final job?

thanks

Rory

Hey man, long time no talk you never got back to me on the system you were installing.

I am also interested in knowing what others charge here in the states. I charge labor usually by project, not by hour. I obviously add my 15 or 20% to the parts, but this is nothing. Labor is dependant on whether or not it is drop ceiling, I need to be on a fork life or ladder, whether or not the place has roaches, etc. Each job is individual. You wouldn't charge the same price for everything so I play it by ear...but I'm interested in other's takes.

Hi. which system, been a while

I mean I have some guys doing cctv here but they want me to consult them on products to use, etc, as they generally just rely on the distributor. I would normally not do this, but #1 I need the cash, and #2, they are huge jobs $100K+ Government jobs. So I wont be doing any physical work.

A GOOD consultant can save the EU 20 or 30k on a 100+ job. So that would be my target amount on a job that size. No less than 15k. Would you be specing the job?

A GOOD consultant can save the EU 20 or 30k on a 100+ job. So that would be my target amount on a job that size. No less than 15k. Would you be specing the job?

Yes, specing it out totally, as these guys can get the jobs, but dont know the products, they have been relying on distributors and they have been selling them $10 cameras for $100K jobs! If the client is paying $100K for products, im sure they would want some of the best.

I think a fair rate is 10% of job value, like an architect. But in doing so it would be wise to order the gear on your account therfor increasing your future buying power. Also provide a folder at the end of the job with product manuals and system diagrams.

Never underestimate your years of experiaence and knowledge.