protecvideo

siren alarm speaker outside to scare them away

Put in a geo system a couple weks ago. The owner is now asking me if there is any kind of device that he could place out front of his building that would sound a loud alarm if people came on his property. (he actually wanted one that made the sound of gunfire but thats a little overboard) It would need to be something that would only go off when people crossed a certain point on the property. i know they have these things for cars when you get to close to them so i thought i would imagine the same thing for building security. The reason for this is that he is having a lot of expensive statues stolen in the front area. He wants to scare the crap out of the would-be thieves. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Ultrasonic device called a Mosquito is becoming popular in the UK

only works on teenagers (and dogs) though.

Edited by Guest

Geo has an output alarm setting in the camera config, I think you can run it against the schedule as well.

Set the alarm output to bark.

Run the soundcard output to a cheap amp and then on to outdoor speakers.

Obviously this works best on headless systems as this will make all PC sounds outside. Major bonus is install Winamp and the guy can play music during the day over the same setup.

You could also use GVIO to relay close a normal alarm siren, if you use an Ademco (or other real alarm) siren they won't be able to tell if they set the burgler alarm off or not.

I setup a similiar device for my mother a few years ago. She has a PC on her front room desk, with speakers. I found a recording of a dog barking (I think it was an MP3, but can't remember). I wired it in so that whenever the motion sensor lights went on, the relay output would generate a signal to the PC. A techie friend of mine finished it, so that whenever the motion light would energize, you could hear the "virtual dog" barking from inside her house. Worked pretty good, unless she was home and forgot to turn it off. Would drive her crazy at night, until she learned to shut it off while at home.

Worked pretty good, unless she was home and forgot to turn it off. Would drive her crazy at night, until she learned to shut it off while at home.

I'm pretty sure you can put that one a schedule so it will/won't do it at night if desired.

Using Collins configuration recommendation would be the easiest, although consider adding perimeter beams that trip the audible prior to the Geo system. Even some really quality Motion Detectors that can be tweaked to create a invisible perimeter would work. Once it trips then the audible sounds. If you use the schedule, just use the I/O schedule for this created event pattern so that it can be controlled by business hours unless the customer wishes it to run 24/7. If you used just motion detection without added input devices it will sound like a Kennel.

Scottj

Mom is 75 years old. She doesn't like me to tamper with her old PIII computer anymore. I also got her to sell her home last year, so she doesn't need the "virtual dog" anymore. I should send this one to "Hacked Gadgets" website, though.

take a look at the Optex gear ...

Also take a look at a Siren with a Voice Driver ...

They should have a burglar alarm system anyway, so just tie that into there.