Hi,

I've just been looking at the specs of the new Axis 233D network dome. Sounds pretty amazing on features if you compare it to all other network domes, even if you compare it to standard domes.

As i haven't been using Axis cameras before, i'm interested to know if somebody has got good/bad experiences with this or other Axis domes, before i go out and sell this one.

thanks,

Hi,

I've just been looking at the specs of the new Axis 233D network dome. Sounds pretty amazing on features if you compare it to all other network domes, even if you compare it to standard domes.

As i haven't been using Axis cameras before, i'm interested to know if somebody has got good/bad experiences with this or other Axis domes, before i go out and sell this one.

thanks,

here's an axis anyone can play with:

http://www.stimsonmarina.com/webcam.html

Hi,

thanks,

This camera rules

Just got one of these 233Ds and the USB joystick in for testing. Camera does work very well. Free single camera progam is nice for quick hook up and record for one camera.

Hi,

thanks,

Hi Rikky,

I have lots of experience with Axis cameras and this particular camera is pretty awesome. They've got a live demo at network webcams which I think gives you pretty much full PTZ access. The 35x zoom is superb and the digital zoom is much improved over the 231D. It's fast, too. Off the top of my head it does 450 degrees a second. Great if you've got it doing a guard tour, or set up to follow an intruder.

It's even got 2-way audio, and I guess you'd expect that as it's not a cheap camera!

KB