pk5

How to change ip address on linksys for port forwarding?

hi eveyrone, i am backkkk

well i got the dns to work...sort of

if i use the provided software and type in the dns address locally i can access the dvr. But the image is frozen instead of moving live. Second, i cannot use the web browser to access it, even locally. And outside of the network i am out of lock. Is it just the router blocking all incoming port? basically i open up port 8080 and forward it from the router to the dvr. other than that, the other port are close. Or should i change it to another port, beside port 8080?

I can access the dns from outside, but it seem that it is having trouble forwarding or making connection. Because it will try for a while then give an error of unable to connect.

thanks

Captian, if you are still having troubles PM me. I have a new app I want to test as a support/troubleshooting service.

I reciently tried accessing the DVR on the local network from my laptop and got nothing.

I then configured PCanywhere on both DVR server and my laptop. I found that my laptop was visible to the DVR, but the DVR would not show up as remote for my laptop.

The DVR is currently using WIN XP 2006v.4 corp edition. I tried dropping all security settings, but the DVR is still not visible. I will try installing a more standard edition of windows, with lower security.