liv4ree

Need to spec parking garage system

Hi guys. I am putting together a quote for a

parking garage & associated businesses. Job is for 12 cameras, only 2 of the 12 cameras will actually be located outdoors. 4 will be located in stair wells that are unheated, 4 will be under cover, but no heat, and 2 will be in a heated hallway. All areas have decent lighting. Also DVR will need networking capability for remote viewing. The 2 cameras that will be in heated hallways also will need to have a 15 to 20 inch monitor mounted near them so that people know they are being monitored. Will need a monitor at the DVR location. Total cable for the job is approximately 4000'.

I've never done anything this big. I am looking for your input on power supply, and everything needed so that I don't miss anything in my quote. Thanks guys..

Maybe a little more info is in order.

The couple of the cameras that will be in the stairwell will be places on a landing, so that they cover 2 flights. The distance will be about 25' from the camera to the bottom/top of the 2 landings.

The cameras in the hallways that are heated, and will have the 15" monitors are filming a max distance of 30'. The furthest and widest coverage area will be the parking garage itself. The cameras will need to pick up vehicles entering, and exiting the different levels of the garage. Each level will have a camera covering the entrance and exit ramps. Tis distance will be a maximum of 75'. Don't need to read license plates, just car type and color. Also, I'm looking at using the Dedicated Micros ECO 16 channel 160 GB hard drive with CD-R. The customer wants to be able to view remotely also.

1000Kva battery back-up, Altronics power supply with PTC, armor domes, DVR & monitor(s).

- since lighting is good I'd go with some small armor domes (3" wide x 3" rise) I just got these news ones out of Korea...nice and small..work well

1/3 Sony SuperHAD, 480TVL, .3lux, 3.8mm lense, 12vdc

- for those shots that require specific views from a distance I'd use a larger armor dome with varifocal........same like specs above.

- DVR..triplex, cd writer, 500Gb Hard Drive, MPEG4, networkable, 120fps

- RG-59 Siames cable with 95% copper & 18 guage power

- LCD Monitors...purchase local at Staples, aspect ratio of 700 to 1....

- LCD wall mounts......search the internet for best price.

- DVR Lock Box........make sure it fits DVR. I don't understand it, but, most decent DVR's, 16 channel, today are larger than the standard DVR Lock box sizes and don't fit well. Is there a decent DVR lock box available that can handle 20"x18"x5"?

I haven't used the DM ECO, but I have used the DM Digital Sprite II and it will do the job.

With DM you can either download the remote viewer program on the client PC and connect to the DM, or connect to the DM via internet and it will allow a web-based viewer IIRC. All the remote software is downloadable from the DM website, and the DM unit itself.

Also, DMs have 5 motion sensativity settings for each camera/channel. So you could set the heated hallways on "indoor high" and the outside ones on "outdoor low".