What Card/Software has the Absolute Best Quality of Video?

What card or brand of card produces the absolute best quality of recorded video? I am in search of the clearest possible recorded video and am often dissappointed by different cards or brands. If anyone has a good sample of extremely high quality video, please post it.

Ok IMHO the netvision/aventura/skyvision (hikvision) Cards give the best I am installing 2 x 8 cam systems over the next week in a warehouse/workshop and after showing the Customer examples from Geovision, Netvision even IP cameras they where wowed by the netvision quality, so thats what I ordered.

Very Low overheads in the system allthough best to use Intel Pros as they are Hardware based compression cards. In fact they have a 8 channel 704 x 480 25fps per channel card out now. Mind you would need a few thousand gigs of hard disk space to keep up with it all

http://www.netvisiondvr.com/yanshi.htm

Nothing against Geovision in fact would use Geo over any other card if the customer needs POS (Till Overlay).

Best Regards

Keith

What card or brand of card produces the absolute best quality of recorded video? I am in search of the clearest possible recorded video and am often dissappointed by different cards or brands. If anyone has a good sample of extremely high quality video, please post it.

What cards & software have you used that you didn't like?

Are you using high quality cameras?

What is your ballpark budget? (not trying to sell anything)

This information will help people to help you.

It really depends on quite a lot of things;

Qulaity of camera electronics, resolution, type of compression, amount of compression, display resolution, recorded resolution...so it is a very open question.

If price is not an issue then IP Megapixel is the way to go for absolute resolution but clarity comes at a cost and that is File Size, the best you can hope for with compression is to purchase something that has MPEG2 compression but once again how much compression depends on each product and the chips they use.

What was it that you were not happy with, resolution camera clarity, playback etc etc this might help to get us on the right track.

I couldn't get it to work. ActiveX downloaded but nothing came up. Black screen

Please try it again. The demo should work well currently

We have been using geo for quite some time, i was just wondering what offers the very best in video quality, that all. always looking for the best.