metsfan

Bullet Camera Recommendations

Does anybody have any suggestions on a good bullet indoor camera for under $100? I've been using a Sony model that isn't bad, but I'd like find one that is a little crisper with the images.

Sony doesnt make Bullet cameras, so assuming it is OEM, is there another name on it? Or do you have any specs for it?

If it is color, Nuvico has a high res color bullet (Effective Pixel - 811H x 508V) that retails for about that price, I havent used it though.

Ive used a popular low res OEM Color bullet for a few years now, OEM'ed by Eclipse CCTV in my case. You may have seen some images from it here before, they dont last long though, maybe 1 year with decent image, another year until they die. Others also OEM the same camera.

Rory

SONY ####-420 Color All Weather Bullet Lipstick Security Camera

One of our best selling cameras of this year. Now featuring a 1/4" Sony sensor. This camera outputs 420 horizontal lines of resolution @ 1.0 lux. An excellent indoor/outdoor camera.

Resolution - 420 Lines

Lux Rating - 1.0 Lux

Connection - RCA video out

Power - Operates from 12V DC

Sensor Type - Sony 1/4" Color CCD

CCD Shutter Speed - NTSC: 1/60th to 1/100,000th second

Duty Cycle - Rated for 24 hr. continual use

Dimensions - 1" (D) x 3.4"(L)

S/N Ratio ->45dB

Power Consumption -1.8W

Standard Lens -3.6mm 68°

Weight Approx - 0.3 lbs

Operating Temp. - -10°C ~ 50°C (14°F ~ 122°F)

[edit by mod to remove store link]

yep just an OEM camera, nothing to do with Sony .. id venture to say its more like 380TVL also .. low res .. similar to the one i mentioned above that ive used.

Ive used a popular low res OEM Color bullet for a few years now, OEM'ed by Eclipse CCTV in my case. You may have seen some images from it here before, they dont last long though, maybe 1 year with decent image, another year until they die. Others also OEM the same camera.

Rory

is this because the bullet design forces the ccd to run hot?

you guys are looking at the wrong places. i can get varifocal (4-9mm) sony (yes its an OEM) little bullet cams for less than $100. thats 420 lines with a good pic and they have been really good for me and my customers. send me messege if want some more info

Rory

is this because the bullet design forces the ccd to run hot?

Mostly because the components in a cheap camera are, cheap.

I have pro cameras going over 6 years now, and the image is the same high quality as day one.

You get what you pay for, simple as that. Cheap cameras have their place, not all of them, but many do.

you guys are looking at the wrong places. i can get varifocal (4-9mm) sony (yes its an OEM) little bullet cams for less than $100. thats 420 lines with a good pic and they have been really good for me and my customers. send me messege if want some more info

Im interested in the brand/model if you have a link, id like to take a look see at the specs

Also PM me if its a link to a shop please. Thanks