I bought this dvr card from an online supplier. I have installed it in a celeron 2.4ghz,1gb ddr memory,nvida geforce 64mb graphics card, the dvr works locally no problem, when I try to view it over my lan or internet I connect to the dvr software but all I can see is a black screen where the video should be. I can view the video that has been recorded already, but nothing live. I have dsl dynamic ip address, I am using a linksys router with port forwarding, and dyndns already setup, it is updating correctly. I can ping the dvr computer within my lan as well.

I have also tried this dvr card in a p4 intel chipset 1gb memory 64mb graphics card with the same result, I have even tried using the onboard video with no change. I tried a different pc because I thought the celeron pc which uses sis chipset may be causing the problem so I tried a pc with intel chipset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the latest version softwarebot on cd and downloaded from wave-p.

I have sis chipset with wave-p 9808 dvr card, there is no problem. Maybe your port forwarding has some problem. The default ports are 80, 9000,9001,9002 and use only TCP. It will work. go to he wave-p to download the latest driver, [edit by mod - no warez discussions please]. Good luck.

I just got a replacement card and installed it. I still have the same problem.

I have all the ports forwarded as specified. I am using a linksys router.

Do I need to set tcp in the router or can I use both?

thanks,

clive

Yes, I have tried it in 3 different pc's all with the same result no live video over lan/internet

could be a port issue, all ports are open, also the windows firewall is off or the ports assigned in that as well? Wonder if the ISP is blocking any ports .. can you telnet to all of them .. use telnet IP PORT in command prompt ..

Rory

I have tried opening all ports, even set up dvr as a dmz.

Also windows firewall is off on all machines

do you have a link you can PM me so I can check the remote video out .. just to double check from this end .. as im on a different ISP and all ? Also a link to the manual if possible .. just post it without the http:// part.

Rory

all i get is a black screen also .. seems its an issue on the DVR side then .. maybe wait and see if anyone that has experience with these DVRs sees the thread .. sorry I cant help anymore right now.

Rory

Hi,

I have been testing this card with a P4 3.2 intel cpu, intel motherboard 945 Chipset.

I have been testing this configuration for 2 days. Today, I had the same issue. I had local video, but not remote video using IE ActiveX.

Looks like a software bug (Sw 7.4.0.1) , after reset the configuration to default I got video again. You could try to downgrade the SW version.

Good Luck.

Miguel Torres

You can download the latest version.

wave-p dot com

I have worked with version 7.0.2.1beta2 and was stable (basic configuration)

Good Luck

Miguel Torres

I downloaded the new version of software, and still have the same problem.

I'm starting to think the problem lies elsewhere, but I don't know where.

I have all ports open on my router, even tried a DMZ for the DVR but still nothing.

I have a standalone DVR that works fine with remote view, so maybe the problem is not the router...I don't know anymore!

I tried the new software and I tried to contact wave-p neither worked. I still have the same problem with the new software, and wave-p said they only support their agents, not the individual users-waste of time

I tried the new software and I tried to contact wave-p neither worked. I still have the same problem with the new software, and wave-p said they only support their agents, not the individual users-waste of time

You are lucky,they responded to you,i tried many times to get in touch with 'em without succes and yeah they forget that WE are those who promote their card.For my part,this card does not worth a cent.Looking for a none wave-p right now, with full support and more compatibility.

I got a hold of them via msn messenger. pm me if you want the contact info, it won't do any good to contact them, but maybe if enough of us contact them maybe they will take notice, I doubt it, but it is nice to dream.

I finally got in touch with someone named effie at wave-p, she was very helpful, and worked very hard to get this problem solved. As it turns out there was a file that needed to be replaced, she emailed it to me along with instructions how to replace it and then to restart the software, worked like a charm!!!

Thank to all who tried to help me.

Regards,

Clive

Hi, i have the same problems. look like it solved, but could you tell us who was the file has sent wave-p to you ? for fix the problem thank. I'm Poor English

Does anyone know the password for wave-p dot com it is really startign to bug me I need it for 9404a rar v 7...

For opening ports you can do a little research you can find a lot of website that will show you how to open the port and you also have to make sure that your firewall is not blocking it from acessing it also you may have to check if the windows built in firewall is blocking it most of the times its the software that is blocking it and if you have done port forwarding everything will work fine