Jasper

NUVICO EASYVIEW CD-WD SERIES INDOOR 550 WDR DAY/NIGHT COLOR

I am looking for a good day/night camera with Wide Dynamic capability.

This Nuvico seems to have good Day/Night specs as well.

1/3" CMOS Sensor

High Resolution - 480 TV Lines

0.1 Lux (Color), 0.03 Lux (B/W)

Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)

12VDC/24VAC Dual Voltage

The thing is I see the CMOS and remember that most people on the forum have said it is inferior to a CCD. But my Digital camera uses CMOS and an expensive HD camera I have uses it as well.

I then see this camera and wonder if it might be any good. Check out these specs.

Any opions on the camera would be appreciated.

1/3" CMOS Sensor

High Resolution - 480 TV Lines

0.1 Lux (Color), 0.03 Lux (B/W) (Good Color and BW Lux rating)

Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)

12VDC/24VAC Dual Voltage

saw those listed before, didnt try them as was told they are still generally lower quality than say a GE or Sanyo. BTW i have 2 new WDR cameras from GE to test, i just have to order some lenses as they are box cameras and the demos didnt come with lenses. The same technology will be in domes as well shortly, apparently. One of the cameras is a CCD WDR and the other is a CMOS WDR. GE recommends the CCD model for lower light Day Night apps. The CMOS version (KTC-XP3) seems to only be a Low Lux CMOS Color camera, while the CCD version is a Day Night.

http://www.pixim.com/html/press_release_070131.htm

CMOS WDR

CCD Day Night WDR

saw those listed before, didnt try them as was told they are still generally lower quality than say a GE or Sanyo. BTW i have 2 new WDR cameras from GE to test, i just have to order some lenses as they are box cameras and the demos didnt come with lenses. The same technology will be in domes as well shortly, apparently. One of the cameras is a CCD WDR and the other is a CMOS WDR. GE recommends the CCD model for lower light Day Night apps. Both are Day Nights.

Their specs are exagerated then?

That is what caught my eye. Those other Sanyos I bought the 1184's are rated 1.2 color and .06 lux BW. When I saw the specs on this new camera and it had the WDR too I thought great.

Sanyo currently doesn't have a dome that has a Day/Night with WDR capability. Their new Pan Focus Day/Night looks good, but no WDR.

I haven't tried the BLC on the 1184's for sunlight coming in through a tinted window towards one of the Cameras.

I want the Day/Night and WDR, but who makes one that has good low light capability, Panasonic?

Dont know if they are, just was told the actual dome quality wasnt as good .. cheaper is all. Cant say what the image is like, I would love to see one, but cant spend the money to buy one to test it.

The Pan Focus they have here is looking at a door entrance, actually does pretty good without WDR .. but I only saw it briefly so cant say for sure.

I doubt any of them are going to match the low light level of a BW camera though, the Sanyo (you and i have) definately doesnt, neither do any of the Day Night box cameras ive tested in the past .. at the club .. hence BW all around .. but ill give these a go down there anyway since i have them to demo.

Dont know if they are, just was told the actual dome quality wasnt as good .. cheaper is all. Cant say what the image is like, I would love to see one, but cant spend the money to buy one to test it.

The Pan Focus they have here is looking at a door entrance, actually does pretty good without WDR .. but I only saw it briefly so cant say for sure.

I doubt any of them are going to match the low light level of a BW camera though, the Sanyo (you and i have) definately doesnt, neither do any of the Day Night box cameras ive tested in the past .. at the club .. hence BW all around .. but ill give these a go down there anyway since i have them to demo.

Yeah the Sanyo's are a known quanity, I like them. Very good Day/Night dome. The Pan Focus is probably what I'll end up buying.

Thanks for the feedback.