g_nitin12

Specifications for a DVR Card

Hi,

I am from India and planning to go for a CCTV. I have showroom with 2 halls, one is of size 35' by 12' and another room of size 12' by 15'. For that I have planned for 2 Dome cameras and DVR card.

In market there are DVRs ranging from Rs. 9,000/- ($225) to Rs. 30,000/- ($750) and above, but I am not sure for which one I should go for.

Can anybody help me in selecting a DVR which should not be very expensive and should give me good enough quality video and less problems in long run? Please let me know what all features / specifications (like frame rate, video resolution, recording mode H.264 etc) should I look for when comparing DVRs and before I proceed with my purchase?

I would be thankful if anybody can help me on this.

Thanks,

Nitin

hi

Im Evelyn,from hangzhou skyvision which is a manufacture of DVR & soft ware.

Igive u some DVRs what i know:

model description

DS-4004HCI 4 video and 4 audio, 120FPS

DS-4008HCI 8 video and 8 audio, 240FPS

DS-4016HCSI 16 video and 16 audio,480FPS

◎H.264 hardware compression (Better video quality and higher compression rate)

◎Support up to 64 channels preview, recording in one PC

◎Monitor viewing(E-map, Embedded PTZ control panel)

◎Playback(smart search and timeline playback, playback 16 channels simultaneously, burn to DVD/CD directly)

◎Recording (support D1/DCIF/2CIF/CIF resolutions, motion detection, constant, sensor, schedule recording)

◎Notification(Email/SMS available, direct PTZ dome preset on alarm)

Hi, Nitin

I believe you will see many recommendations from this forum!

However, please check the desired software functions as well.

Since 3 manufacturers responded .... these are end users also, they dont know where to buy your products. I would suggest a nice advertising banner at the top of the forum, and also maybe get some of your distributors to join the forum so they can also join in the discussions http://www.cctvforum.com/advertise.php

To Nutin, it appears you are an end user?

Best thing is to browse the forum if you havent already (seeing as this is an old post). Even better thing to do is see what DVR Cards you have access to in your country, or where you can buy them from at least in the region. Once you get a list of those then go through the features and break down the ones you like. Come on the forum then and see what / if any response is to those as far as stability and quality.

Being that you are in India, buying from the US, UK, Australia, or even Asia, is probably going to be very expensive, or at least not a good idea, due to the distance, time, and extra shipping costs incurred; especially in the case of a warranty.