Rebco

Camera Video on 2 TVs

I have a client that would like to see the video off the DVR (geovision),on 2 tv's in the house. so if he's in the bedroom and he hears something he doesn't have to down too were the DVR is to see the video he can just turn on the TV and tune it to a certain channel and see the video.

If you can add-on the GV loop out and use a basic multiplexor. Then you can modulate that to an unused TV channel. Optionally you can get a baseband amp and just distribute it over RG59 but he'll have to change inputs on the TVs.

Depending on what you want to see, all cameras or bring them up manually also?

You can add a number of modulators that add up the number of cameras installed, and put each camera on a seperate channel; eg. 4 cameras - 1x 4 channel modulator, Channels 72, 74, 76, 78. (Example only).

Or just use a single channel Mod as mentioned above, and put the multiview out on that.

ChannelVision and ChannelPlus are both examples of RF Modulator Brands.

Another option is to run a cable from the DSP output to the AV on the TVs.

In both cases, if you want to be able to change the views, just extend the IR Remote cable and run that to the TVs, so you can use the IR Remote at the TV to change the view. What you change with the IR Remote will change both views on the TV (DSP Output) and the DVR.

In the old days I did a lot of modulators, but I have not done this at lately since they started making t.v.s with multi inputs. With smart remotes it easy to push the camera icon and let the remote go through a series of commands. Step one is t.v. ON? Turn on t.v. if off, go to input #X (for camera view). Using xantech products I send the I.R. commands back to the DVR (order a DVR with a remote control). With the smart remote programmed with the DVR commands, I can press button #1 to go to camera 1 or I can press multi view button to bring up crosshatch with multiple camera views.

Out of the blue, I had a customer who asked to modulate his cameras for me. He said he only needed it for the tv in the kitchen. I could not run a wire (coax) to the kitchen. I modulated 3 cameras on to three channels of brighthouse. The t.v. in the kitchen looked beautiful!

In the house he had two t.v.s with no cable boxes. Just reg analog signal plugged in to the f connector on the back (screw on terminal). He had two t.v.s using regular cable boxes giving him the basic digital channels. He had one t.v. that ran a high definition (HD) cable box. I new it was going to happen because I had not isolated the digital cables that were plugged in to the brighthouse amplifier multiple output device. That customer blew a fuse. "what happen to my HD T.V.!!!!!!!!!!!! BLAH! BLAH! SCREAM! SCREAM! RANT! RANT! RAVE! RAVE! HA! HA! I told him just to hold on I will have it back up in a second. The customer did not know that I had already toned all the cable wires and I new what wires went where.

When I went out to the van to get a device that puts one signal in and splits the signal out for multiple t.v.s, and I had to get another amplifier.

What I did is I split the incoming cable signal. One going directly to his computer modem, one going to the new path for the H.D. signal, and one going to the analog path. For the H.D. path I used the original Brighthouse amp/splitter. If any problems down the road they cannot blame me or the parts that I use. Even when you use the best parts money can buy the cable companies will blame any piece of equipment that is not theirs that is attached to their cable system. You will find most first responders may be entry level people and are completely thrown when they see extra equiment and travel paths that they cannot comprehend. They also tend to get lost in those big boxes that have all of the systems in them, such as cable, telephone, computer networking, front door answer, and front gate telephone adapter, and such toys. They take one look at the clover leaf of coax cable and start disconecting till they have the basic circuit connected then they finally come to the same conclusion that I gave them that such, and such part is bad and needs to be replaced. I then get a call from a customer that the cameras are not working and when I show up the cable tech did not hook everything back, just left it hanging there, or they did a poor attemt to put it back together. Hey at least he tried. I hope he learned a new trick about cable stuff.

For the analog path there is a device that you have to put on the cable feed going to the splitter it is called a low pass filter. This takes out all of the higher channels (freqs) and passes the lower channels (freqs). Now you have a feed coming from you multi channel modulator and you have your cable feed. Put the modulator cable to an amplifier and then combine the two signals. Here is where it gets tricky if it does not work, it may be that you have to balance the two signals. If one is stronger than the other you will have beautiful camera video, but the cable looks bad, or vice versa the cable looks good, and the cameras will look fuzzy or grainy.

When I first tested my modulation it crashed all of the digital, and HD boxes. Some of the channel would work (very few) or it would just lock up and freeze. I ran seperate coax to the digital cable box t.v. and they just switch the input (source) button to watch the cameras.

Now the question is how would I modulate so that I had cameras on all of the t.v.s!

Channel Vision Diagrams

http colon //channelvision dot com/index/82

http colon //channelvision dot com/pdf/support/guide/diagramsLayouts dot pdf

This shows various ways of hooking up multiple t.v.s and how to hook up modulators.

http colon //channelvision dot com/pdf/support/guide/modulationMethods dot pdf

This is a simple diagram of hooking up mods and t.v.

This will give you part numbers and diagrams.

Do not try this at home!! Leave it to the professionals!

P.S. do not use Radio Shack splitters! They are not designed for high def freqs. If you do, look at the mhz on the splitter. Ask the employee if you are not sure. Pay good money for good splitters, do not use cheap no matter what you do. MY service call is $100 an hour. I will be more than glad to fix it for you! Do it right the first time!

This may be of interest to some people as well.

http://www.audio-ideas.com/reviews/accessories/terk-wavemaster.html

This is not the product that I have used but the explanation should suffice.

This product appears to be using 2.4. Keep this in mind if you have 2.4 Ghz cameras, or you are using 802.11x as this is on 2.4 Ghz as well.

Do not forget that if you use this procuct you next door neighbor may be watching your signal and watching what you are watching.

Any one else use something similar?

wont work down here, if it was 900mhz might be worth trying, but our walls are mostly concrete ...

I am confused. Are your interior walls concrete? I could see issues with two story houses.

900 Mhz would be better to get a way from all of the 2.4 issues. I wish I had time to google a 900 Mhz version.

Makes since!

I am used to jello see windows (how do you spell that) in florida, and I like how in P.R. they have the metal versions on the window! This was in the 70's and I don't know if they still use this today.

I went through a cat 5 in P.R. I don't know why but a cat 5 in the islands seams alot rougher than ones here on the coast of fl.