robca

Viewgate/DVS/DiViS card problems

I got a used 120fps, 16ch card, which looks identical to the CAP12016 cards from DVS/DiViS/Viewgate and others. I custom built a Intel-based 945 chipset PC (using Intel D945GNT motherboard, a very good card for the price), Dual core P4 - 925 (3.0 GHz), 1 Gb ram. Basically, as compatible as you can get, according to all the specs

The card works, and I can see the camera output when in setup mode (the window where you can set camera parameters like color, motion, etc). But when I execute the main DVR application, I get a "security check error"

I tried tweaking everything in the BIOS, and changing drivers, but nothing makes a real difference. I searched for the all the possible FAQ, forums and online resources, but the only reference to that error was a potential incompatibility problem. I'm trying to get another PC to test, but I also thought that asking here might help.

Assuming it's not a copy protection feature (because I would expect it to be documented, in that case), what else can I look into?

The "security check error" thas nothing to do with your hardware.

It is a Locking Method that Divis use.

Each OEM client of Divis has It's own software ID to avoid using diferent OEM software from another client.

P.X. You can't use Chance-I software on a Onix Card.

Long time ago I found solution on this Lock. I replace some files in ProgramFiles folder, But this was Long time ago.

Thanks!

You are right. What led me on a wild chase was a FAQ I found (of all places) on a Brazilian DVR distributor (they implied that message could be due to corrupted drivers or hardware problems). All I had to do was to match the right version of software for the card (took a bit of trial and error)

I'm actually very happy with my PC: I used a Intel D945GNT board (which I got for a song from Newegg, as it was an open box), Pentium 925 (dual core 3.0GHz) and 1Gb of RAM (btw: always use 2 DIMMs, as newer systems can access RAM in interleaved mode when 2 identical RAM DIMM are installed; a pc with 2x512 Mbyte DIMMs is much faster than one with a 1Gbyte DIMM). I can run a 16 cameras, 120fps card with the processors hovering at 30-40% when motion is detected on multiple cameras at once (sw compression card). The integrated Intel GMA video is more than fast enough. 2 SATA HDs (with one 40 Gbyte mirrored partition and the rest devoted to video), a 450 watts power supply (with 2x80mm fans) and 4 case fans complete the PC. I'm using Windows Server 2003, as it's easier to manage remotely, can support mirrored partitions as boot disk (in case one of the disks fail, the PC can still boot), and overall has fewer moving parts than Windows XP (costs much more, but I had a unused license anyway)

I did look at the ASUS P5L-VM, but I preferred the Intel board for 2 reasons: the Asus doesn't have a RS232 serial port (only a header on the motherboard, but it was impossible to locate the proper cable) and the intel board is a miniATX with 4 RAM DIMM (vs 2 for the ASUS) and 4 PCI slots (vs 2 for the ASUS). Overall, a better choice for my needs (the Rs232 port feeds into a RS 485 converter for a PTZ camera.

i'm actually going through a similar situation... a client has an older card that is compatible with the chance-i software BUT the newest version of chance-i dvr gives the same error.. So i went an installed the software from 2 years ago back onto the machine(from the origional vendor he bought it from)... i didn't feel like being there all day and keep trying different dll's. I gave up. This is why i now always use Avermedia or other large companies.. there is no "forking" of software versions.

oh yea if you find out what dll does the trick.. PM me