dave

Tractor Trailer Coverts

Does anyone have experience installing coverts on a tractor trailer (inside cargo area)? What clever technology is available for this function? The truck is leased so extensive modification to the trailer is something I am trying to avoid.

any info would be helpful

thanks

At the very least you'd need a false wall at the front of the trailer. A temp wall, put in properly, shouldn't cause much, if any damage (Disclaimer: I have little experience with trailers, just an educated guess). Between the actual and temp wall house the camera (chip of course), DVR, and rig a power supply.

I don't see the covert thing happening.

Most of the places I have dealt with know exactly how many pallets fit in a trailer and how to pinwheel them to make it work. Sometimes a false wall even 4" thick would become immedately obvious.

You might try to disguise it as something else but I don't know what other then possibly and overhead lamp might be plausable.

It would also depend on if it is pallets or individual packages of random sizes that would change on a daily basis such as in big box retail.

I know Target Assets Protection has some awsome trailer covert camera systems for the high risk markets. I've seen the videos and pictures of one of the trailers. If I hadn't seen the video first, I wouldn't have noticed anything. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see exactly how they did it, except that they said they did a false wall.

Is this a cut the lock/tab, open the door, and throw as much product in to a van as you can?

Is this inside theft job?

Is it even possible to put a camera in a "box" with a live tracking device? Will you have cameras on the trailer while it is parked or is this over the road theft?

I assume you would only expect the system to work when connected to the cab, otherwise where would you get power if they drop the trailer?

You could hide a mobile DVR in an environmetal enclosure under the trailer, and maybe place board cams in the rear taillights.

Thanks for the responses. The difficult part about this is that the guys loading the trailers are the ones stealing so they might load 5 separate trailers in a week(they have become comfortable and have been hitting daily, so it kind of take the guess work out of it. The company however will not move forward without video). The warehouse is wide open with very high ceilings so putting coverts in the receiving area will not see inside the trailer. Please keep the suggestions coming and when I figure something out I will keep you guys posted on how I resolved the issue.

Actually I would put cameras in the warehouse. I would find a spot where I could mount a camera with a large size zoom. Being so far back away from the loading dock itself and being so high up, they may not even notice the camera. True, you cannot see in to the trailer, but can you get video of them carrying the stolen goods.

What about placing a camera far away from the employees cars but using a zoom lens to see if they are putting the goods in to their personal car?

If they park far out in a parking area, but it is close to a treeline what about one of those "hunting" style cameras strapped to a tree to catch their cars?

You have got a tough one! I would "hire" a new employee and see if he can participate in the thefts. Maybe hire an off duty police officer to pose as a new employee?

why is it important to see inside the trailer? is the missing merchandise pocket-sized stuff??

You have to have them during the activity!

DEFENSE attorney to the JURY. Ladies and gentlemen BEYOND ALL REASONABLE DOUBT!!! DO NOT CONVICT MY CLIENT!!!!!!