sinbad

Inox IX5600 ?

sorry can't post link to info. I'll sure update links in couple days:

I got 4 of INOX IX5600 dual CCD for a job to try them. distance between server to cams is ~400 ft. wired over Siamese 22AWG w/95% braid, 2X18AWG power.

first it worked fine, then it started having black round corners on all the cameras, it looks just as if the shield is blocking the lens view.

So i searched to see if i can find some info and found this page:

bluecherry [DOT] net/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=2

pretty much it says that the cam is known to have problems with long distance wires. but I don't know how reliable that site is.

I'll have to change them to box cameras and see if it's the same.

Can someone share if they had any problems in situations like this?

is this a know issue?

I am going through the same thing.

I got 2 of these inox lx5600ir and one of them never powered up and the other one had the same issue you described--a black spot shaped like a thick C on the left side of the picture-- I thought the sun shade was extended too far and I must have checked the sun shade 10x. As for 12v dc power I would have to rotate the 12v plug forever until the signal came in.

Never again will I buy those cameras.

I have a feeling your camera body is going to turn from black to gold like some one sprayed painted it soon-- another common problem.

yes we see that already.

damn what a waste of $$$ on this cams.

btw what was the distance in your job?

I am just a furniture store owner and 3 weeks ago I didn't know what anything about cctv. I was running around like crazy trying to figure out why some cameras didn't work only to find out there inox 5600's were shipped defective. I mounted the inox's on a 18ft high roof directed on the truck 20 feet from the wall-- I guess the distance from camera to truck would be 27 ft. It had fairly good picture and excellent color (for the short while it worked. I am now going with B&W high res to see better at night.