protecvideo

Geo for Phone

Anyone out there using there phone or handheld device for geovision remotely? If so what is the ultimate phone/device to use? Price is not an issue. Also i woud like to stay with Cingular but if there is a hands down favorite from another company I'm all for it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this has been posted before.

I have the HTC400 (new here in canada). Its a PDA style phone and the new Gview V2 is excellent for both live and playback. It works on any windows mobile 5.0 phone with a touch screen.

I have Motorola A1000, Symbian OS, SSView and T-mobile connection.

works sweet but my partners Cingular connection is much much better here in Miami.

if you want to control PTZ better get a 'listed as tested' device from the GV list.

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/6_0_news.asp?stable=FAQ&sfiled=fsid&stable1=FAQG&sfiled1=fid&pno1=25&title=FAQ&gname=FAQ&pno=94

Edited by Guest

I have the blackjack phone and it works ok. I'm working on several problems. It seems the port is blocked at times by cingular. I can get it to work all the time when tether to the network. I have gotten it to work several times at different days on my phone with 3G, and then next time it wont work without any changes.

I must say I still have an older geo with v 7.0, and use MSview that came with my card. I can scan through all my cameras, but there is no choice to jump to a particular camera. I have to flip one by one with the use of the cursor. I also get about a 2 sec picture when on 3G that is because the older version of MSview.

I have been using a ATT 8525 (ie HTC 100) for about a month now and is seems to do the trick. I works fine using the GView V6.11 but have yet to get a connection using GViewV2.

This phone is awesome and would recommend it highly