roscoe

Avtech 4 Channel dvr problem

I have an Avtech 781 which is working fine except for a couple of external problems. I have been trying to download (backup) one day through the usb port on the back of the unit.

I have tried a usb 2.0 flash drive formatted for fat32. In the backup menu of the dvr it won't allow me to alter the usb drive size. When I unplug the flash the dvr tells me I've done so.

I then hooked up an external hard drive, also fat32, with the same results.

Next: If I cannot get it to work can I then take out the hdd in the dvr, replace it with another, and put the original in my external drive and load it through my computer?

Next: Recently, it won't allow me to logon from my system through Video Server E or S using 192.168.1.10 and using admin/admin.

Any help appreciated,

Roscoe

This DVR doesn't support more than 1GB USB drive or any external HD. When you plug in compatible USB drive, there is pop up message " USB Connect" on your screen.

for the network, just make sure you are able to search out device from video server E software. if you can not search for it, check out your physical connection and try with a new ethernet cable.

Hi

I am not familiar with that specific machine but have had similar issues with others and found that formatting with fat16 worked on sanyo machines also some machines will only allow use of usb pen.

I don't remember if 192.168.1.10 is the default IP, or is it the one assigned manually or DHCPd to it?

If you're sure that 192.168.1.10 should be, then try the web access to it (from the lan) using your browser and entering 192.168.1.10:8080 (unless you have changed your port). Hope this helps.

I finally got it working and can access from the network. I still cannot get it to work through my browser.

Roscoe

its activeX, easiest thing to do is just add the server to the IE trusted sites list. It needs IE by the way. There is also a client software, this can be downloaded from the browser web page also.