ericm23

Toshiba ik-6410a day/night camera problems

We recently installed 32 toshiba ik-6410a day/night cameras with 2-12 mm auto iris DC lenses. We are using RG6 and 18/2 power wire hooked up 24 VAC. We are using Speco DVRs.

The problem is that every 5-10 min the picture will move to the right with a line of black showing and then the color becomes distorted and bright for a few seconds and then everything goes back to normal. This happened during the install while adjusting the focus, so I think it may have to do with movement; however, there are 9 existing toshiba cameras that we moved to our system that don't have the problem. All new cameras are having the problem, but at different times. Could it be movement (our type brackets) or some setting effecting the new cameras?

THANKS

This sounds like a color burst issue, or a Ground Loop issue.

First, is it the camera? and not the DVR?

Second, are all the new cameras that are bad on the same Power supply and the old ones on a different power supply?

Third, are they getting enough voltage AT THE CAMERA?

If it passes these three, then it is internal to the camer would be my guess.

Here is a trick. Unmount the camera, and see if the video clears up. If it clears up then it is a ground loop issue.

It also depends on what kind of RG 6 you used. If it looks silver on the braid then you may have the wrong wire. If the braid has a copper look to it then you have the right wire.

How long of a run is this wire?

its not the camera i use those same cameras for most of my outdoor applications they are good.. why rg6 and not rg59? i would check the powersupply - if you have them all in outdoor housings with the heater and blowering going they will drain a small powersupply.