rory

Recent Pole Install Issue - Fixed

Came across an install where someone put 2 metal camera housings up on a pole, there were 2 different camera housings up there before, plastic.

Anyway, since they put these up, it now had horizontal lines ..

Client ran new lines as it was RG6 cable, not recommended by me, not at least to fix the problem of the lines, though suggested to replace the cable with RG59 - though it wasnt my job at the time so the other installer told them what to do.

Anyway, in the end, the cable didnt fix it, was some kind of ground loop.

2 Poles existed, same exact cameras on each pole, other pole had no issues.

To fix it installed a black piece of plastic onto the pole, then screwed the camera on that. No more lines. Bingo.

Rory

yep. Exactly isolate the camera off of the ground and you solve the ground loop. Thats why i always say to use nylon screws and washers. (not on poles)

kinda like using a piece of plywood betweent the mount and a metal building LOL

kinda like using a piece of plywood betweent the mount and a metal building LOL

yep, used a small piece of wood first to test, then just had the plastic cut to that size.

here are some pics from some recent systems where we mounted cams on poles.

remountcams.jpg

remotecamerapole.jpg

camspark.jpg

[/img]

Wow! Deja vue like I have read this post before.......

LOL

where??

We don't have to sandwich non-metallic objects on any of the pole installations we do.... but then again, we earth ground the poles and install noise filters. I suppose both get the same result...

in the pictures i posted above of the vandal proof gooseneck pole mount the entire goosneck mount is non conductive. ya but when you are using a metal mount to metal building then that can cause issues as rory stated earlier.

Metal buildings can cause problems, but if your cameras are DC powered, you can install a DC Noise blockers (the $10 deals usually used for car stereos) and that will fix all your problems with ground loop interference, as least it has for us. I don't know if they have anything like that for AC however.