CCTVgrunt

Cabling Questions

I have a project in the comming months and would like to know of an alternative solution for the wiring required.

5 story building 45 cameras located on 5th floor.

DVR monitoring System will be relocated to the Basement, Cameras will remain in the 5th floor.

We will not be able to run all 45 RG59 cables down to the Basement.

I am looking for a solution which will have minimal cabling because of lack of access to the basement. Access to the system in basement is about 6 inches in diameter. as you see cabling will be a bit tricky.

I will apreciate any input and advise

Thank in advance

I'd use cat5 and NVT. Check out http://www.nvt.com/ Cat5 is much cheaper and less bulky. All you need is 12 wires of cat5 and you have 48 cameras (I'd pull an extra one or two for future expansion) Plenty of room in six inch conduit for 13 cat5 cables. Good luck!

I would think you would want to use a balum hub to cut down on congestion of equipment. Since you mentioned the use of RG59 cable I guess I can assume that these are not IP cameras.

I agree with the cat5 cable and nvt. You could also use a fiber translater and run fiber (more expensive but less cabling).

I would also recommend using Fibre. Create the network on the top floor of the building, run a singe fibre from the basement and then you have a fibre backbone with standard IP network.