juggle007

Concept DMR PLUS 4 Camera DVR

hi all,

after reading about how unreliable cheap DVR's can be, i'm a bit cautious on what model to now buy. Problem is, not many have audio, which is what i require, so i'm not left with much choice.

i found a UK dealer which offers different manufacturers of 4 channel DVR's and only one has audio -

http://

http://www.iviewcameras.co.uk/CONCEPT_DMR4PLUSCCTVSystemsdeals.htm

i have a couple of questions.

the backup method is via VCR, but i would like to backup to PC, is this possible in any way? i.e take the output from the DVR and capture it via the PC. if not, could i remove the DVR's hard drive and hook it up to a PC and take off the data to burn it onto CD? (presuming the file system can be read by windows and the video footage can be read or converted to a recognized video format)

i would also like to hook the DVR up to a LCD screen, this Concept DVR has a BNC output and states it can plug into a TV (using the TV scart input) can a BNC output also plug into a LCD TV/Monitor??? (which may not have a scart input, i think it an AV input)

i'm just starting to realize i need to make sure what i get is compatible with other equipment i buy, so any help on this is appreciated.

sorry for so many questions

regards,

james

Sorry to upset you james, but that dvr has the exact same spec as the avtech one, except, its different colour and more expensive! If you're gonna buy this one you'd be better of purchasing the one you already had in mind.

thx CCTVinstaller! but i've no other links to other dealers here in the UK for the AV-tech models, only US based, do you, or anyone know where i can get the AV tech DVR's in the UK?

regards,

james

Hi Sharp is similar, you can only back up to VCR, or using the LAN, you can save as Jpeg, no movie files at all.

Rory

rory, i'm surprised that the footage can't be transfered to a PC and can only be transfered onto an anolog device.

if a VCR can capture the output, surely a PCI capture card on a PC could do the same?

any other thoughts on this?

regards,

james

Yes that should work to

All you are doing is using the monitor out to the VCR and hit record when you play back some recorded video you want to record onto the VCR, or in your case the PCI card.

thx for confrming that rory. as long as theres some way of transfering to a digital format other than to VCR, i don't mind

regards,

james

Use the DMRNET to connect the Concept DMR4 to a PC. This is basically a video webserver so allows the DMR to be connected to a LAN or Internet. It comes with free software for remote viewing. Well it does from us. www.2seetv.co.uk