photys

Avermedia and Megapixel cams?

I generally install Geovision systems (200fps recording, 400fps playback), but next week I may drop 2 IP cams into a system.

Question 1,

Do Avermedia cards support Megapixel cams, and are the results reasonable.

Seems they support the ARECONT 3130 minimum, not the 2100?

Question 2,

I intend to pick up a 8 cam 200fps Hybrid card.

Is avermedia the way to go?

If so, which card does the job.

Thanks for reading,

photys.

I've seen the aver hybrid with axis 207mw work fine..............even though it is not listed int thier ip camera line-up, other axis cams are, this one loaded and recorded fine.

All the Aver cards are hybrids now, it all done in software.

Aver will support basically any JPG camera over an HTTP interface.

This makes it not as desirable as some softwares that support it's FTP interface which is much faster.

IP has different effects on framerate then what you might expect.

I know they support Axis and Vivotek Megapixel cameras up to 1.3 megapixels. We are going to be testing some Axis 223M Day/night cameras that run at 2.0 Megapixels but we will tune it down to 1.3 to run on the Avermedia NV6480Express system. Curious to see what fram rate we get since this card will run 480fps on 16 cameras at 640X480. We want see what happens at 1.3 Megapixels.

Reply from avermedia:

Dear Sir,

I´m Alejandro de la Parra, manager of CCTV products of AVerMedia in Spain.

I will reply to your questions:

1, If the NV card is rated with 200fps, do the IP cameras use up any of those FPS?

You can´t have more fps using ip cameras. If you want more frames, you can use some NV6480-Express wich can provide you 400 fps viewing/recording.

2, Does the Avermedia hardware compress the already compressed IP camera images?

Yeap. AVerMedia capture board compress the image from IP camera.

Regards

Alex.-

I know this is an old thread but, ispyvision how did the megapixel cameras work out with the NV6480Express card? I have been wanting to check this card out too.

Reply from avermedia:

Dear Sir,

I´m Alejandro de la Parra, manager of CCTV products of AVerMedia in Spain.

I will reply to your questions:

1, If the NV card is rated with 200fps, do the IP cameras use up any of those FPS?

You can´t have more fps using ip cameras. If you want more frames, you can use some NV6480-Express wich can provide you 400 fps viewing/recording.

2, Does the Avermedia hardware compress the already compressed IP camera images?

Yeap. AVerMedia capture board compress the image from IP camera.

Regards

Alex.-

That last part about compressioin contradicts what I have heard... Basically you get the compression the cameras provide and thats it. So MJPEG cannot become H.264.

That last part about compressioin contradicts what I have heard... Basically you get the compression the cameras provide and thats it. So MJPEG cannot become H.264.

Unless they are saving the video as images then creating their own video from that .. compressed .. doubt it though as well that puts more stress on the PC .. I can do something like that with Geo .. save each frame as a jpeg, compress it however much I like, then show it in a picture box .. but thats not really the best solution. It does show it like video .. but really it is just moving jpegs.

I have used the axis 207MW on avermedia machines and it works but with bad frame rate. As mentioned in this post the new PCi express range will handle it better but im not sure how much better. dont expect more than 10fps from what iv seen.

questions on the frame rate of mega cam on Aver systems..

How's the frame on live display and the recorded video

What is the recording resolution? 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768?

I have messed with Vivotek cameras and encoder, it seems slow.

What is the recording resolution? 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768?

I can't figure out how to get it to go past 800x600, originally I called Aver's Tech support and they said that was a limitation of the NV3000. Well now I have some NV5000s in the field and they too show this.

I guess I am missing something as obviously it says on the comparision chart in black and white:

1920x1280 Selected Megapixel IP Cameras.

Nonetheless I don't see a means to specify the output size and I have no clue where the 800x600 is coming from.

See the link below for Aver supported IP & Mega Pixel and the resolution they support on Mega Pixel cameras. From what I understand from one of the rep at iLink Professionals that it will display and record on the resolution listed in the link and it will keep the recording in that resolutions. It will also keep that resolution if you do the backup by going into setup - backup but, if you use playback and output the clip/segment of video to AVI it will convert it in to 800x600.

Link: http://www.avermedia-dvr.com/dl/IPnMegaPixel%20Camera%20Support%20List.pdf

iLink seem to be very knowledge about Aver products and I know Aver USA and Aver HQ in Taiwan works very closely with iLink as they been partners for very longtime. I will confirm the above post with iLink one more time. I was referred to them by Aver USA support while back. I will update my post in day or so if I get any update from iLink.