Jasper

VERSION 8.11 - MOTION DETECTION OVERLY SENSITIVE

I just got around to upgrading from version 8.02 to 8.11.

8.02 ran fine, the motion detection settings were tweaked.

Now with version 8.11 if I have it set at 9 the motion detection is constantly going off.

If I try level 8 it doesn't register people moving.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

I may have to revert back to 8.02.

Have you tried using the new Advanced Motion Detection settings, located on the configure menu?

Yeah I tried that too, but it also doesn't allow me to adjust my sensitivity level just right.

When I try to lower the level from 4 to 3, it stays at 4 when I click OK and then go back to see if the setting held and of course it doesn't.

Weird. I will take a look at the install. Perhaps try reinstalling and go from there.

No one else has had this problem?

Yeah I tried that too, but it also doesn't allow me to adjust my sensitivity level just right.

When I try to lower the level from 4 to 3, it stays at 4 when I click OK and then go back to see if the setting held and of course it doesn't.

Weird. I will take a look at the install. Perhaps try reinstalling and go from there.

No one else has had this problem?

In the advanced motion setup, you have to change the slider to the new value and then draw a box to define the area that should have that level.

Tried doing what you said but I still can't get it adjusted as well as it was.

Had to put sensitivity down to 1 on a door entry way.

What is weird is than when I had the entire area masked off I still had signs of motion detection.

Do you set the sensitivity of the mask also?

Anyway have it working well enough.

If you mask the whole thing, then I don't think there should be anyway to trip motion detection. Weird. I thought mask was efffectively level zero.

Everything is the same prior to the update from version 8.02 to 8.11.

How weird that I seem to be the only one that has experienced this problem?

Watching the movement indicator on the screen blink when you have the whole screen masked off is interesting to say the least.

I will keep fine tuning it and see if I can achieve the same level of motion detection that I had before without the many false alarms I have encountered since upgrading the software.

I knew I had a problem when I started receiving a bunch of empty video clips to CenterV2 immidiately after the update.

Now that you mention it, I have a customer complaining of the same thing on one particluar camera after an upgrade. Maybe 8.1.2 will fix it. It took a while to clue in but yes, I am having the exact same problem. I thought it was a schedule issue cause it records all the time, and the camera is perfect, no noise issues or anything. I'll have to investigate it further.

Tried doing what you said but I still can't get it adjusted as well as it was.

Had to put sensitivity down to 1 on a door entry way.

What is weird is than when I had the entire area masked off I still had signs of motion detection.

Do you set the sensitivity of the mask also?

Anyway have it working well enough.

Ignore any motion you see when you are in the motion detection masking section.

I havent trird 8.11 yet but in 8.1 seems fine.

Will be getting the newest one on CD with the next DVR card, by Friday or early next week.

I have version 8.12 if anybody would like to download and try, just PM me and I can send you the link..........this also is suppose to be compatible with vista (geovision says) but I have not tried it out on vista yet

I have version 8.12 and I have a similar problem with the sensitivity of motion sensing. A setting of 8 is too low, so I miss a lot of events. A setting of 9 is too high, so I get far more events than necessary. Unfortunately, there are no settings available between 8 and 9. I wish the extra little slider that offers settings between 9 and 10 also allowed settings between 8 and 9. That is where I need the fine tuning.

How hard would it be for the developers to allow the finer settings between 8 and 9? It seems like it would be a simple variable that would be well within the capabilities of the software and hardware to deal with. Tenths of a point from 0 to 10. Thank you.

John Hardy

Dear All,

To JohnHardy..

With GeoVision version 8.12 or higher will support Windows Vista

To CameraGenius...

8-9 scale under motion detect..

I will put the recommendation on this...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

Andy;

I think you got our names backwards, but I thank you for putting in a recommendation for 0.1 increments between 8 and 9 under motion detect. I suggested it yesterday. Thank you very much.

John Hardy