squale

I need very good BNC Connectors for my Siamese Cable.. help!

I have a Geovision GV-800 system set up at home with 3 cameras mounted outside my house. I constantly get Video Lost errors in Geovision then my computer will reboot over and over again because of the video lost.. it's a real pain. Well the problem is the BNC connectors at the end of the Siamese cable. I have the 2-piece Crimp on connectors right now and these are not very good for me. If I move the cable around behind the computer, the video will go in and out and I know it's the BNC connectors that I crimped on which are no good. I was wondering what the best type of BNC connectors would be for me so I don't get any more video lost errors? Should I get screw on ones, something like these maybe? [edit by mod - store link removed [rk])

Thanks

Seriously, twist-on connectors can be as, or even more, unreliable than 2-piece connectors. Use a good 3-piece BNC or compression fittings. Compression fittings tend to make the strongest connections.

well I don't know what my problem is then, because I crimped them on the right way, I don't know why my video is so weak...

what does the Automatic Gain Control do in Geovision software? what should that be set to?

We use screw-on ones with a flexible metal coil that keeps the wiring from bending too sharply. The most important part is the stress prevention - you can even just stuff a stiff metal coil on the cable before putting the connector on.

well I don't know what my problem is then, because I crimped them on the right way, I don't know why my video is so weak...

what does the Automatic Gain Control do in Geovision software? what should that be set to?

better u check your camera and cable using a normal television first, and then after all the cable n camera ok....

check with your geovision

Just get some twist ons for now, they are cheap, replace them and put them on properly, and see if that fixes the problem. You should be able to pick some up for about $1-2 each from your local electronic store.

If you have issues with putting on the connectors, another alternative is to buy a ready made cable (with a BNC end and they normally are just RCA type cable inside, center is video, outer is ground), then splice (cut the wire) the ready made cable into your siamese video cable using the center for video and the outer braid as ground ... tape it up good once you know it is working

Also as mentioned above, check each camera on a CCTV monitor or a small TV first.