Scruit

Trouble finding a lens

I'm looking for a lens with the following characteristics:

For 1/3" BW CCD

CS mount

Auto-Iris

Varifocal (I need to use ~60mm)

Threaded end for filter

I have found loads of lenses on the net that have most of these specs, with prices ranging from $70 to $150. BUT nobody under 150 will commit to saying if the lens is threaded for a filter. The most common response to my question (Does it have a 46mm or 52mm thread for a filter?) is "No, it's threaded for CS mount."

There is a guy in the UK who makes a CS>35mm adapter, then you can use any pro photo lenses. Might be worthwhile checking out, I looked into it during your original LPR cam thread.

Also certain lenses lend themselves to the pop on style filters.

cosmicar lenses have filter threads.

some computar lenses (mostly motorized zoom/focus) have filter threads.

i have played around with using 35mm slr camera lenses (specifically m42/pentax mount) on cctv cameras using a c-mount adapter. for the most part it works, but because the image sensor in a cctv camera is much smaller than a frame of 35mm film, the field-of-view is reduced substantially.. a 135mm portrait lens becomes a telescope when used on a cctv camera. sometimes this can be a good thing, especially if you need a very long-range lens.

Tnx for the post, Rory. The plug on that lens appears to be a different shape and for 'Filter size' it just lists "--"

I did finally find a seller on ebay who list isting a 6-60mm varifocal auto-iris lens with a filter size of 46mm, so I'll probably get that.

Seikou Optical/Avenir makes a 7-70mm varifocal lens, that has its end threaded.

GE Security has a similar lens, the KTL-7-70VA - look under

http://www.gesecurity.com/portal/site/GESecurity/menuitem.f76d98ccce4cabed5efa421766030730?selectedID=9348&seriesyn=true&seriesID=

Siemens also has a similar lens, the CLVD1318/7-70

Look under https://www.hqs.sbt.siemens.com/fs/content/20_20_10_20/20_20_10_20_060en.htm

There are others as well.

I have one of these lenses and it looks like a standard photo filter will screw in...something like a 46mm (49mm is too big, 43.5mm too small, don't have a filter in-between).