Hi,

I am new to IP CCTV cameras and software and wondered what some of the professional and amature software are called.

Any names of companies i can research?

Thanks!

I am delighted to inform you Netvision hybrid DVR system is available, which will accept both analog video input through cards and IP camera/video server digital input through an Ethernet port.

I am delighted to inform you Netvision hybrid DVR system is available, which will accept both analog video input through cards and IP camera/video server digital input through an Ethernet port.

To Gracef : You keep forgetting to mention that your product

only support your own ip cam and ip server

HI,

quite a lot of them on the market, some for bigger systems, some for smaller systems:

Milestone (Denmark) OEM: OnSSI (USA)

Mirasys (Finland)

Artec Technologies (Germany)

go1984 (Germany)

Netavis (Austria/Hungary)

JDS (USA)

Lenel (USA)

IPVIsion (USA)

D3Data (USA)

NUUO (Korea)

Geutebrueck (Germany)

Info ok?

Ivan

I have been playing the axis's "camera station one" single IP -DVR and its free, not bad

http://www.axis.com/techsup/software/index.htm

you have to register tho -takes a minute

my only complaint is interlacing on hi-res ? mmmm thought my 2130 was progressive looking into it ;-}

my 2c

Yeah, but that probably only works with their cameras/servers?

I think the OP is just looking for general software.

ONSSI

Milestone

Genetec

Luxroit

ACTi

D3Data

Anybodys camera that you buy should come with freeware to at least view the cameras.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON GO1984 PRODUCTS. THEIR PRODUCT IS NOT WORTH HALF WHAT THEY CHARGE AND THEY HAVE POOR TECH SUPPORT. THEIR SITE AND POOR SUPPORT COME FROM GERMANY. YOU'RE BETTER OFF DEALING WITH AN AMERICAN BASED COMPANY WITH SALES AND SUPPORT HERE IN THE U.S. THEY ROBBED ME DON'T LET THEM TAKE YOUR MONEY! THEY HAVE A MIDDLE MAN(SHARE-IT) THAT COLLECTS THE MONEY AND RELAYS THE ORDER. I TRIED TO CANCEL MY ORDER BEFORE ANYTHING WAS SENT AND THEIR MIDDLE MAN NEVER RESPONDED UNTIL LOGIWARE(GO1984) SAID IT WAS TOO LATE. BEWARE

You may try NovoSun CyeWeb. It support hybrid connection to IP camera, compression card and generic analogy capture cards. It can also record native stream (JPEG/MJPEG) into WMV file.

If you go to the Milestone site they are generously offering the Xprotect Professional program free for one camera.

Works great for me - I'm just in the evaluation stage also.