kabukiUkie

Looking for a 32 channel dvr solution

Has anyone any suggestions for a 32 channel dvr card? I looked at the avermedia NV6000 which is a stackable 16 ch card. At first look it does 960/960 fps, but upon closer inspection it accomplishes 960 fps recording at CIF resolution, 480 fps at VGA resolution (whatever that is?), or 240 fps at D1. Preferably, I'm looking for hardware compression that accomplishes 960 fps recording at a higher resolution than CIF.

I found this product, but it has very little documentation and no manufacturer/model. Maybe someone can id this card and provide some more information. w w w . edigitaldeals . c o m/shop/surveillance/dvr-cards/-32ch/d1-32.html?ic=default

I'm open to all suggestions... Thanks!

edit: I am also considered using ip cams, either a NVR or hybrid system, but if I were to use all high mega pixel cams I figure 32 cams would be overkill to cover a banquet hall. However, I'm leaning towards a hybrid solution so that I can use several ip cams and the rest analogue. Please help me weigh my options.

Edited by Guest

Hi, actually its the NV6480EXP (PCI-E) card you should be looking at. Stacking 2 of this gives you a total recording fps of 960 in CIF and VGA (with Core2Duo system or enough horse power from your PC).

Have any of you tested these cards? I would really like to see some sample video clips from one in d1.

The VGA res. is 640X480 and yes the NV6480 PCI express does 960fps recording at that res. with 32 channels

w w w.aver.c o m/dvr/nv6000exp.pdf

according to these specs, the nv6480 accomplishes 480 fps recording at vga resolution with 16 channels, but when stacked, the cards still record at 480 fps at vga resolution. Are you speaking from experience or did you assume that since 1 card does 480 then 2 cards should do 960? I'm hoping you are right.

I wonder whether 4CIF is your desired resolution.

To be frank, there will be relatively more strict requirements on the PC configuration if you adopt stackable hardware compression card. Anyway, the resolution will meet your needs

Hi, in fact, hardware compression dvr 2*16ch can be 960fps in DCIF resolution in real time. and it's hybrid solution can meet your need perfectly.

Grace

We have built a few of the 32 channel units. We will have another one done tomorrow. They are 960fps at 640X480. You have to build a beefy system to keep that rate.

We have built a few of the 32 channel units. We will have another one done tomorrow. They are 960fps at 640X480. You have to build a beefy system to keep that rate.

so a core 2 duo e6600 will do the job or are we talking quad core?

did anyone hear/tried the solution of ebay store named "CCTV-Surveillance" ?

(didn't post a link cause it's not allowed, hope what i did instead is ok...)

I wonder if that's really work as they say, they have 99.7% Positive feedback so I'm asking myself if it's like they say.

so a core 2 duo e6600 will do the job or are we talking quad core?

We use the E6600 just fine

For a "real" 960/960 system, take a look at the Avermedia 32ch 960fps D1 system. It uses hardware compression and offers resolutions up to 702x480 when dropping the frame rate down to 12-15fps.

EDITED - CR