I have a Store Safe Pro 10 with an 80 gig hard drive in it. I would like to increase the hard drive to the max( 320, 500 gig) that it will handle. Is this something I can do myself and if so how or do I have to send it back to GE. I have build a couple of computers so I do have some knowledge but I'm not sure of how to program the new hard drive or install the wavereader program.

they are regular hard drives, kind of. You would need to locate 5400rpm drives, the ones they use are Maxtors, so best to locate that model. Not sure about the Pro model, but the other ones come with 2 drives. You could use 2x160GB drives to get 320GB. A client of mine found them online last year, should be able to locate them through a search engine.

Basically there is a master and a slave, so you just set the jumpers appropriately, and it may format it when you start the DVR. You will however loose the wavebrowser files that are on the old HDD. There is a way to put them back on, but you might not want to mess with that. Im also not sure if that works for the storesafes and maybe not even for the model you have anyway ...

Anyway .. so there are options .. GE will charge you if you have them do it .. to the point that you could almost buy a new DVR

Thanks Rory: I already had a 160 gig maxtor 5400 rpm am now looking for a second. I did find a uploader utility on the ge websit to install the wave reader program so as soon as I find a second hard drive I'm going to give it a try.. If it doesn't work I'll just put back the 80 gig drive... I already got a price from ge to put in one 160 gig drive. They want over 550. plus shipping.

I have the same problem in that I need the upload utility to install the wave browser files on my storesafe pro 2. Does anyone know where to find it. I looked around on the ge security site and am awaiting a response from them.

I am not sure why you have to stay with 320GB internal storage nor your hard drive speed should be 5400RPM...

Pick up two 500GB or even 750GB PATA drives, configure "master" and "slave" and increase your storage to 1TB to 1.5TB internal... Works perfectly and we have done quite of few to prove them... Do not pay attention to "power requirements" of your outside power supply - it provides more juice than you think and with higher RPM drives, you hare fine...

As for the the file that you need to install after such replacement of drives, I tried to upload it, but forum did not accept... Instead, please contact GE tech support and they will give you the url... you must be logged into their website before you can download this file.