I have a job which require to hack the wall and conceal the RG6 cable. Anyone who know where can i get a BNC wall plate and the outlet? It can be F type or any other type as long as it fit the RG6 BNC

Search for "BNC keystone jack" they are readily available but not usually stocked at consumer hardware stores.

First go to Home Depot. Go to the Electrical section. If you are lucky, and you can find a "worker", then ask them for a low voltage ring. This is a device that will allow you to cut a hole in the wall, and put in a trim ring.

It has two flaps. The one on the top will tighten itself against the drywall. All you have to do is turn the Phillips screw clockwise for it to tighten up against the drywall. On the bottom is another flap, and it also tightens against the drywall by turning the screw clockwise.

Take the trim ring, and place it on the wall. You will want to place it the same distance off the floor as the electrical plates. I will guess, and say that the center of the electrical plates is 14" inches from the floor, then I would want my trim ring to be at this same heigth from the floor. Take a small level, and place in to the side of the trim ring to make sure you have the trim ring level. Mark the inside of the trim ring with your pencil. You will now need to make this mark bigger for the ring to fit into it. Take the level, and draw the horizontal, and vertical lines to make the box a little bigger. If this "drawing" matches the appearance of the trim ring then take a drywall saw, and cut out your drawing.

SAFETY!

What is in the wall? Take a studfinder, and use this to verify that you are not going to stab into a 2X4 with your saw! Look at the wall. How close are you to an electical box? Go around to the other side of this same wall. Yes, you must walk all the way around your whole house to get to the other side. If it is just a matter of looking around through a door the better! Is there an electical socket on this side of the wall? Use a measuring tape to be more accurate! Is there a shower, or a sink, or a hot water tank? We would not want to punch in to the wall, and then have water spewing out!! If you feel that you have taken all of these precautions then go to the next step.

BE DOUBLE SAFE!

Drill a very small hole. The smallest bit you can find. Drill where you are going to put the trim ring. If you hit water then at least it will not be 100 gallons a second pouring out. Grab your locking pliars, and go out to your water meter, and shut off your water main.

OK! You have not hit water! Take your drywall saw, and make a hole big enough to stick a flash light next to the hole. You will want to look inside just to be double sure.

Take your drywall saw, and cut out your drawing. Once you have the trim ring installed you can use an F connector plate. F connectors are the threaded cable connectors. Use a small piece of cable to attach to the wall plate, and to the device that you will be hooking up to.

You can get an F to BNC connector at Radio Shack, or your local electonics store.

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-standard-f-connector-to-bnc-jack--pi-2104080.html

scorpion, most other countries dont have much drywall homes as you guys have in the US .. Id imagine he is talking a brick wall.

Also, I doubt he has Radio shack in his country, and even if there is, like here, it may be very limited

there are 50ohm and 75ohm BNC`s I dont think it matters tho It would be hard to measure any problems

z

Try Google search for: "BNC wall plate" and look at the images too see if something comes handy for you!

JD

scorpion, most other countries dont have much drywall homes as you guys have in the US .. Id imagine he is talking a brick wall.

Also, I doubt he has Radio shack in his country, and even if there is, like here, it may be very limited

You are right... In my country, we are all using brick wall and we do not have any radio shack in Malaysia.

In my place there are no such thing as BNC wall plate and I do search google. wish that from here could get some reliable supplier with quality product.