Scruit

Example Videos

How true that is! Most people I deal with are always looking for the cheapest and easiest way out and can't understand the difference between good or bad. Sometimes, I think it's a really sad world out there.

How true that is! Most people I deal with are always looking for the cheapest and easiest way out and can't understand the difference between good or bad. Sometimes, I think it's a really sad world out there.

My sentiment preceisely.

Customer always want the cheapest solution. Gave up trying to quote better stuff.

Most time if quote better stuff, u'll loss the customer going to other people who quoted lower, sometimes to the point of absurd.

Imagine a quote with 10 AVTech AVC-527 cameras with a AVC787 16 Channels DVR, plus installation in a 4 storey warehouse (in only 1st and 2nd storey) for only less than USD$3.5k and 1 year onsite warranty, customer can still complain that it is expensive. Really speechless sometimes.

I got DVRs that can actually display video inside the EMAP. i.e. Display a floorplan, pin your camera, and then have the camera live view displayed beside the camera pin, advance network management, but well.. customer wants low cost, so normally can't be bother to push that, always recommend avtech and cpcam's instead. low cost. Those reserved for enterprise level customer instead.

I always thought I was the "black sheep" of the forum family by installing entry level products, at entry level pricing. After reading the last part of this thread I do not feel this way anymore.

I hear you guys loud, and clear! I used to have everything hooked up to the DVRs on display, and everyone would ooh, and ahh, and then they would pick the cheapest set up they could get away with.

I love it when customers go to the "big box warehouse" to buy their surveillance gear. I know they will be back in 6 months when they decide that they want to make it work the right way!

Daryl733

I would be interested in your CMS software. It would fit in with what I am trying to do in this thread:

http://www.cctvforum.com/about9202.html

Thank you everyone on this thread! It has been very interesting!

I always thought I was the "black sheep" of the forum family by installing entry level products, at entry level pricing. After reading the last part of this thread I do not feel this way anymore.

I hear you guys loud, and clear! I used to have everything hooked up to the DVRs on display, and everyone would ooh, and ahh, and then they would pick the cheapest set up they could get away with.

Very rarely do people choose a system completely of panasonic 484's and SDIII PTZ's. With their $1,500.00 controller.

Usually what we do to keep the system some what affordable is we will only put the 484's where this is going to be area of strong backlight or contrast difference. And then use panasonics compact color camera or their newest wv-cf294 domes. Those of which are more affordable. Some where in the 550.00 range instead of the wv-cw484 vandal proof domes which are in the 900.00 range.

A typical aystem would be a mix and match of SDIII cams and compact color camera (or more affordable cams). Your objective should not be to provide the most expensive or cheapest system. Your objective should be to provide the most effective system for their applications needs at the lowest possible cost.

Daryl733

I would be interested in your CMS software. It would fit in with what I am trying to do in this thread:

http://www.cctvforum.com/about9202.html

The CMS Software only works with the DVR it comes with.

http://www.lakson.com.sg/brochure/Sleek/HX-Series.pdf

Drop me a email at hotmail (name the same as nick), or just pm me if you want more details. i don't put whole email address down due to email trawlers.

This DVR's CMS one of the more impressive one i've seen (for its price). Comes with rack mounting also. Prices ? Considered as entry level actually. Email me for prices.