leo0929

whats your impression to "made in China"--survey

I dont know whats your impression to the products Made in China ,some guys may think that is inferior ,but, what i want to say is MIC also offer the superior products . Actually, the bad products that get a lot of publicity are really dragging the good products down .Surely ,there are good quality ,even exceptional quality products from China but beacuse of the few unscrupulous companies ,the whole nation now suffers .

Take for example ,we are the CCTV Camera manufacturer ,our products are not only sold in domestic market ,but also exported to many other foreign countries and area ,they sell well and have a good response due to their good quality and competitive price ,so only a few of MIC (made in China ) is low quality,

Thank you advance for your kind concern !!

20077119552945.jpg.5fa5b051463af7e91941b3785e8466b3.jpg

I have no problem with MIC.

I live in Europe and I cant think of anything in my life that is made in UK or US.

In my opinion, its not the "few unscrupulous companies" that are the problem, its social conditioning.

I think each country has had a differing amount of social conditioning to think badly of products manufactured in the far east.

The goal of each countrys social conditioning is to make the populace belive their products and morals are superior.

Each year the walls of this conditioning are being eroded. Principaly due to cheap travel, the internet and good drugs or something

Solutions?

An erosion of social conditioning by each individual broadening his horizons with travel, education or the internet.

mik

mic

major cause -The jokers that sell quantity over quality,

Its all good tho it gives the customers taste of surveillance cheaply

but in the long run those customers will have an incident and those cameras

will fail badly poor images etc.

then they will come looking for a `real` camera or system.

z

If you own an automobile, isn't that auto made in your own country? The only foreign auto I have ever owned was my last Ford F-250, which was built in Canada. My 1st Toyota was built right here in California, and my Tundra was built in Indiana. My next Tundra will be built in San Antonio. As an American, I personally would rather see things made in Mexico than made in China. Basically to help that economy prevent disaster there, and to attempt to stop what is happenning now. Never going to own a Chinese made car, sorry.

The problems are many for MIK MIC roducts, the biggets mistake made by MIC MIK companies is to try to increase volume too fast...this measn selling direct...., they try too hard to sell their product direct to countries who's market they do not undrstand, no larger systems integrator will ever buy from a company like that, because they do not want to compete directly. secondly it is your systems integrator that will be the person who gets the equipment specified by the consultant...this means;

Say a new airport is to be built, well it needs to be consulted, the consultant will recommend equipment that the integrator recommends to them....Asian sources tend to flood their eqiepment ot every person available and system integrators then wont help them.

When was the last time you bought somthing of someone who could barely speak english.

The next point is loyalty, the asian market is famous for promising exclusive rights to products and then taking it away....they use companies to expose their name and then try to go direct.

The other point is QA, qualtiy assurance is VERY poor in most MIK MIC manufactoring, this leads to failiure rates that are higher, it is one thing to have cheaper electronics to save money, but poorly assembled and tested products tend to come mostly from Asia.

If only they spent money on employing representatives IN each country rather than spamming via email and broken english telephone calls, then the market share they wish to gain would be better served, they would not scare off the integrators, they could get thier gear recommended for major projects and they would knwo what price point to place their product, not to mention deal with someone who speaks English.

I wish the major manufactorers had reps in each country, surely they waste that mushc money by not having them, and if nothing else it is cheap market research!

If the product is on ebay, and its listed in, or sold from China then I have learned the hard way to stay well clear....

If the product was in a cctv store/catalogue/dealership etc then it would not bother me where it was made, what would bother me is the track record of the company, its level of support, the specs of the equipment, its record on the net (ie search for that company on google, see if there are positive or negative comments about it.)

A product could be made anywhere, I really dont care, as long as its a good product, with honest specs, support and a good seller behind it.

If you own an automobile, isn't that auto made in your own country? The only foreign auto I have ever owned was my last Ford F-250, which was built in Canada. My 1st Toyota was built right here in California, and my Tundra was built in Indiana. My next Tundra will be built in San Antonio. As an American, I personally would rather see things made in Mexico than made in China. Basically to help that economy prevent disaster there, and to attempt to stop what is happening now. Never going to own a Chinese made car, sorry.

You may not know unless you examine the factory sticker very closely. According to Consumer reports http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/which-companies-make-the-best-cars/what-is-an-american-car/0407best_glo.htm, many so-called American cars are actually made elsewhere and of those that are assembled in the U.S., many of their parts come from overseas.

Ken, that is my whle point...if the silly MIK MIC manufactorers would only realise it is about supporting people in the country they want to to sell to buy giving them OEM product and remaining loyal, then the local consumer will buy with confidence...the problem is that the Manufactorers, dont know the market so they dont know who is good to sell to and who is just pretending to be big, so having a local rep would eliminate this issue...I cant understand how for $100k a year they could not make more money in each country

I have been to the San Antonio Toyota plant last year, on a job hunting mission. I live about 2 hours from the Toyota Fremont California plant. Never been to the Dodge truck plant in Mexico, though. Sorry, DaimlerChrysler (German) , built in Mexico. Everything is "outsourced" of sorts. I purposefully purchase items that are made in the USA, if, and when I can. I know I can't buy a TV anymore, but that's OK. I wouldn't own a Chinese rifle, but I do own several Austrian and German, as well as a many American made pistols. I make a point to look for American made products whenever possible. Plano tackle boxes at Walmart, are American made. A dollar more, but I know that buck went to an American worker, who (hopefully) paid taxes.

actually ,to be a Chinese ,i am awfully sorry to hear that ~~~~`````but there is a fact that may someone cant live without MIC. to be frank,some guy doesnt know much to China ~``~~~~``but still thanks for all your concern~

I dont quite understand the English in that, can you perhaps make it slightly clearer as it is hard to understand.

sorry for my poor english , i mean someone lacks of comprehension or understanding to MIC ,if you take a comparison ,you may find MIC is so important to your daily life.

I ahve never agreed it is important, I know all about it, I used to dsitribute many MIC and MIK products, there are many good manufactorers, look at Sunkwang for instance.....I am not saying the products aren't any good, more the way business is done, China is huge and many companies but perhaps other countries are not as big, you cant just SPAM out your product and expect respect of it...people here have been doing business for a long time and they buy of whom they can trust, you must get your rpodutc to trusted peopel to distribute your equipment.

Asian Manufactorers in my experience concentrate more on volume than reputation, and you could achieve the same result only slower but it would be a lasting result.

For MIC typically quantity over quality .. cheaper components means a lower quality product. The cheaper they can sell it for the better .. more sales for the Chinese Government.

Yes, some products are high quality, and you pay for that, but it is generally the other way around.

it is well-known that MIC is cheaper. Some products are not very well. But most of MIC products are in good quality also. At least MIC products has the highest cost-performance ratio. It is worthy of your payment.

As a matter of fact, many US and Europe products are OEM or ODM from China. Though the products sold on market with the US or Europe company brand, the origin country is China.

And these years, Chinese are sticking on improve the quality and service to satisfactory with the international market.

We have the confidence to export much higher quality MIC CCTV equipments to the whole world.

jefinny from Rekeen Electronics

heck, the newer GE cameras are made in China or Twain. and they are ok but dont look like the Panasonic cams from Japan. and arent the bosch cameras made in portugal?

bosch made in asia also.

As for GE in China, they have a GE plant there, cheaper labour I guess. Is it China or not Taiwan though?

You sure? I Guess it could be where Phillips was located, in Europe?

Or is it Australia?

Is there anyone who wants to import cctv camera,pls kindly let me know,we hope our profession and prompt response will help you in some prejects.

B.regards,

leo

My first post here.

FWIW, I work for a company who are regional agents for an electronic product (commercial, not 'consumer') generally regarded worldwide as being in the 'top tier' or 'higher echelon'... whatever.

Our products, marketed under a USA/Swiss brand name, are manufactured in the United States and China.

My position requires that I maintain a database of information related to callouts, repairs, warranty claims etc.

I can sincerely report that the reliability of the Chinese product exceeds that of the American version by a factor of four.

I am not an Asian, neither do I hail from North or South America. I'm a European. No axe to grind - just facts from my standpoint for your edification.

I've only been in the business since 1979, so I may be regarded as naive, however, the clincher for me is that the US product costs three times that of the Chinese version, yet has an average annual maintenance cost of around six times that of it's Eastern brethren.

I consider myself apolitical as well as atheistic, which I expect might ruffle some feathers in this forum. So be it.

Your friend.

Charlie.

as a HK based company,i am terribly sorry to hear that.

we have factory and office in SHENZHEN,Mainland China for CCTV products,but we have clients worldwide,check your products besides you,where does it from ?

quantity over quality ?that`s history.

think how do you live without made in china.

quantity over quality ?that`s history.

Not sure what that means; are higher quality products now being produced, and less quantity?

think how do you live without made in china.

Just so long as its not cloned in Hong Kong