photys

How do you guys power multiple cameras?

I would love to know how you guys power your cameras.

8 to 16 cams in one building for example.

Either the best or worst working solutions.

Thanks in advance.

I would love to know how you guys power your cameras.

8 to 16 cams in one building for example.

Either the best or worst working solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Well I like to have a multichannel powersupply near the DVR PC, the idea is that you have a centralized system, PC + power is at the same location, then it is easy to put in UPS for power fallout's and the power I use is a 19" 1U Rack solution, I also like the 19" 4U PC racks best also, anyway the power have 16 channels each with 0,5Amp and autofuse so if you have a failure it protects the other cameras and then it will automatic give power when failure have gone away.

You are talking about a building and a building can be a small one (short distances) and a very large building with very long cabling that could give you drop in the power. If it is very long, then maybe I would choose either to tweak the power supply (some models you can adjust like giving 27V instead of 24V so that if you have a drop it have some extra to go one. More volt gives you less Ampere.

Hope this was a bit of info you can use!

JD

I use something similiar to this:

12-Volt DC 16-Output Power Supply

This power supply provides 16 regulated and fused 12VDC outputs. Metal cabinet.

Regulated 12VDC, 8A

Individually fused outputs

Individual LED indicators

UL/CE listed

Dimensions: 311.15mm x 311.15mm x 101.60mm (12.25" x 12.25" x 4.00")

Be sure to check out our power distribution products and rechargeable batteries for added flexibility.

Similiar to this Altronix

http://www.altronix.com/index.php?pid=2&model_num=ALTV1224DC2&PHPSESSID=545b7275dfcfbaf0e07e8be7c390d42b

Altronix Distributed power supplies, wall mount.

Get Isolated units if using 24VAC.

For smaller installs, and quicker, I use the Power Supply that Scorpion recommended . For more complicated installs, using 24vac and 12vdc both , I mostly build my own with Hoffman Nema 3 or Nema 4 Panels. But I have been building Industrial panels for over 20 years, so it is just a matter of time/effort needed to come up with a good panel. Just use a good brand of power supply, mostly Sola or Allen Bradley, and mount to DIN rail. Use fuses on everything to the cameras or PTZ's. Use a DIN mounted circuit breaker on the incoming 120vac line feed. Easily resettable. You can find great deals on 24v transformers by just shopping. Stick with good names like Siemens. I use many of their 24v 140va transformers. I also put cooling fans in all my panels. Good luck.

For home use, I have

One In a wall socket (not ideal, but its easiest), several on a ptc fused 8 way 24vac power supply, and some on pc-atx supply (not ideal as if one shorts, they all go down).

All apart from the one in the wall socket are backed up with UPS's.

For home use, I have

One In a wall socket (not ideal, but its easiest), several on a ptc fused 8 way 24vac power supply, and some on pc-atx supply (not ideal as if one shorts, they all go down).

All apart from the one in the wall socket are backed up with UPS's.

for my home cameras, heck i have 1 single 20amp plug spliced out to 4 bullet cameras

did you know this kind of solution: IP+power over coax

If you google "IP+power over coax," I'm sure that you'll find the solution that is the most appropriate to power multiple cameras near.