hi everyone

i need help in seting my cctv system up.

i got 16 cameras (make :groupe bisset mythos ccd camera )on the back it says 12v max ,2w and for use with model mvs12e. there are also two 6 pin round din holes ,one says monitor and the other aux.

now the question is i want to connect the cameras directley to a multiplexer 16ch.then to a recording device/monitor.is it possible to get a cable or adapter to convert from 6 pin din to normal twist din to go on to the multiplexer and how are the cameras going to power up(would i need to strip the wire and find the +/- wire and wire them directly to a transformer).

desperatly need help as reading some threads i belive some pro on this site can help me out.

a big thanks in advance

How good are you with a soldering iron?

Do you have a basic understanding of electronics?

v.good at soldering iron

am i thinking what your thinking,cut the end of the wire and solder bnc connectores at te end, leaving the two +/_ wire to rig up to a transformer?

if that is the case, would the wires be colour coded and which wire is what?

any ideas

many thanks

I can not tell you what the color code is. I am not familiar with your system.

You may have a 4 wire system, or a 6 wire system.

You will have to determine which wires are power, and which wires are video. Do they have built in microphones?

If you are careful it is possible to pierce the wire to see if you can get a voltage reading. This would tell you what wires are for power.

I can only assume about the wiring. It would be nice to see the power on the red, and black wires, and the video on the yellow, and green wires.

Green may be a ground. If the power is dc then the black wire may be ground as well. If it is ac then the black wire may not be ground.

In some cases you may have power on green, and red, and video on yellow, and black.

You may have a different color combination.

I would have to look at it to give you my true opinion.

The wiring may be so fine that you may not be able to crimp on a bnc connector.

Practice with one camera before you do all of them.

I can not tell you what the color code is. I am not familiar with your system.

You may have a 4 wire system, or a 6 wire system.

You will have to determine which wires are power, and which wires are video. Do they have built in microphones?

If you are careful it is possible to pierce the wire to see if you can get a voltage reading. This would tell you what wires are for power.

I can only assume about the wiring. It would be nice to see the power on the red, and black wires, and the video on the yellow, and green wires.

Green may be a ground. If the power is dc then the black wire may be ground as well. If it is ac then the black wire may not be ground.

In some cases you may have power on green, and red, and video on yellow, and black.

You may have a different color combination.

I would have to look at it to give you my true opinion.

The wiring may be so fine that you may not be able to crimp on a bnc connector.

Practice with one camera before you do all of them.

thankyou for the help i will try it out and let you know