keith

Using PC LCDs for CCTV Monitors?

Is there an easy way to use a regular PC LCD monitor as a CCTV monitor? The output would be from a BNC output on a mux and I wasn't sure if there was an adapter to go from BNC to SVGA?...

There are adapters out there but know ahead of time that even if you get a high quality lcd monitor the picture will not be as crisp as if you used a crt monitor. There are several dealers in this forum that can help you find what you need. You can try clicking on some sponsor banners too.

Try doing a search for a VGA/BNC adapter. The one I sell with systems retails for about $40. Wachhund is right about the lower picture quality, but the picture may be acceptable when considering the space savings of an lcd monitor.

immclendon, can you give the info to your site or where I can check out the adapter you sell?

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith,

I only sell this convertor with the purchase of a complete system, but if you do a search for CANTEK BNC TO VGA CONVERTER, you can probably find one. Amazon also has a couple avaliable. Good luck.

im using a ViewSonic Next Vision for my personal setup .. works cool .. got Tv into that using the Coax port, and the stand alone DVR into it using the RCA port .. the IR Remote lets you switch the sources .. also got a portable DVD player hooked up to it via SVideo. The output is to my old 19" Wide Screen Viewsonic LCD .. so yeah got the 2 of them here .. 17" LCD for my PC now (small desk!)

Its probably way more than what you need but thought I would mention it anyway.

http://www.viewsonic.com/support/accessories/tvvideoprocessors/nextvisionn4/