yipster

Newbie wanting to setup a system

Hi,

I want to setup a security camera to monitor my house.

I would like to setup 2 to 4 cameras. One outside, one to three insdie. I would like to use CAT 5 to run all the wires, including power. I heard PoE is the new way to go?

Any suggestions for this setup.

Thanks,

Yipster

For a home, id just use Siamese Cable (RG59 with Power Cable).

AS its a home, bullet cameras are the way to go, unless you have large budget for Professional Cameras (Box/Traditional/etc).

B/W Bullet Cameras in the areas at night with little light, or BW with IR LEDs with no light at night. Color or Exview Color Bullet Cameras in areas with good lighting at night.

If you need vandal resistant then you could use a Fixed Dome camera, they also come in B/W and Exview Color or just Color, little more expensive though.

Tie it into a DVR and use your TV Video Input. DVRs come in PC based (which differ considerably depending on which PCI DVR card you buy, and computer used for the PC Cards) or you can get a low end Stand Alone (all-in-one) DVR (which also differ alot) such as an Everfocus, HiSharp, Appro, or Similar, or fork out alot for something 'like' a Kalatel DVR and get more features.

Rory

http://www.saysecurity.com/new.htm

I don't know if this will interest you. This is our newest product. It’s a complete 4 camera system that is all over cat 5. No power supplies. Cat 5 Plugs right into the DVR (Digital Video Recorder). Only one wire to run per camera. (POE) For the DIY and the Home user.

We're a couple weeks out on theses. I have some initial specs at:

http://www.saysecurity.com/4cam.pdf

If you have any interest, send me a PM and I’ll put you in contact with one of our distributors.

Jason can you email me your catalog please, or emai me a link to it, thanks

Also, im looking for investors or to sell someone's products in the Bahamas, if you are interested let me know. It is a big market here.I dont have funds to buy but as a Bahamian can set up the company here for the investor, install, service and install. Eclipse is a big seller here so that is the only real competition, but most selling that here dont know anything about CCTV.

Rory