sabotage

AVTECH DVR - Can someone offer a demo?

Hi. I'm thinking about buying the AVC760, but would really like to see it in action. Would anyone with a fast connection be willing to let me check out the interface and playback abilities?

I hunted google but didn't come up with any public demos.

Thanks!

Hello! I do not have a link for you to look at.

I install this DVR alot! It is an entry level DVR, and It Is what It Is, but I think for the price it is great.

I may suggest the 781, but the 760 is great!

I am happy with the menu setup, motion detect, and the internet setup.

I hope this helps in your selection.

Scorpion

Hi. I'm thinking about buying the AVC760, but would really like to see it in action. Would anyone with a fast connection be willing to let me check out the interface and playback abilities?

I hunted google but didn't come up with any public demos.

Thanks!

I install this system a lot as well. It's cheap, value for money, and due to the fact it's cheap, it's easy to sell.

But think the main reason why u can't find any demo, is because once u see the internet demo, u'll choose some other DVR.

IMHO, the network feature SUCKS big time. But if u are only haveing a SINGLE user, without anyone viewing on the DVR's Monitor, and U are only interested in seeing LIVE feed, it'll do. Anything more, consider other DVRs.

If u had use VNC/PC Anywhere before, imagine a DVR with VNC/PC Anywhere server installed. It'll feed the monitor output feed to u, and then relay your control back to the dvr.

That means over internet, when u press a button, u gotta wait for ur pc to send the command over the net to the DVR, and then wait for the screen to change on the DVR monitor side, and then for it to relay the screen back to u.

Now, imagine you have to do searching, first u press the search button on the web client, u wait for the search screen to come up on the monitor side and get send to u over the web, then u navigate through the search screen, selecting the date and time, each click requiring you to wait for the screen get updated.

Over LAN, it's still ok. Over internet...... just doing a search (before u see the searched video) will takes u a min or 2.

Add to that, whatever u see on ur computer, the monitor connected to the DVR will show the same thing, all ur search menu, screen, etc. And while u searching, the Monitor side will not show live video, but ur searched video.

And yes, on their box, it's stated it's a Pentaplex system.

U never know what the product is on the box/specs.. till u try.