VST_Man

I remember when..............

typewriter training was a required class in High School. "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs back 1234567890"

and, ham radios in the basement were as neat as the record player in the livingroom. CQCQCQ tnx

and, when Flipper, The Partridge family, My Favorite Martin, and the Monkey's were a "Family" after school thing.

anyone else..........

I hope those were the rerun versions after school in the early 70's.

"when Flipper, The Partridge family, My Favorite Martin, and the Monkey's were a "Family" after school thing."

What about I love Lucy, Gilligans Island, bionic man?

Speaking of that I hear they are bringing back The Bionic Woman!

CQ DX, CQ DX, I hope you were not singing the Convoy Song from C.W. McCall.

Rodger,

Out

I def do not miss the days when my dad would send me down to the local drug store to use the tube tester to find out what was wrong with the TV!

when we used an antenna to get American TV stations

didnt have a worry in the world, and had no bills ..

i used to get chicks easier than now ... less bald and all

anyone remember atari?

dah dit dah dit, dah dah dit dah, dah dit dit, dit, [callsign]

So besides VST and myself, who understands that?

Gilligan's Island was a classic even when I was growing up, good old late morning tv.

here is a little Morse for ya -.-- --- ..- - .... | .. ... | .-- .- ... - . -.. | --- -. | - .... . | -.-- --- ..- - ....

Ha! Ha! I get a kick out of you kids. I remember when they first marketed the hand held calculator, transistor radio, and to beat it all, when people started putting the small screen black and white TV’s in their front room. WoW, I even got the chance to see the controversial Elvis Presley perform live for the first time on the Ed Sullivan show.

Thanks to punks like you , who took a great interest in a subject and ran with it, we now have some great technology, hence, toys to play with. We also have this great forum for all of us to learn an grow from.

It looks like I’m getting old.

anyone remember atari?

We still can use antennas for analogue tv, but they are being phased out for digital (either by dish, or antenna (same one as for analogue))

We only had 3 TV channels back in the 70's early 80's...

Atari, I remember drooling over a maplins catalogue when I was about 7 or 8, looking at pics of an atari 2600 and its carts (especially the basic cartridge)

anyone remember atari?

We still can use antennas for analogue tv, but they are being phased out for digital (either by dish, or antenna (same one as for analogue))

We only had 3 TV channels back in the 70's early 80's...

Atari, I remember drooling over a maplins catalogue when I was about 7 or 8, looking at pics of an atari 2600 and its carts (especially the basic cartridge)

we still only had 1 channel here in the bahamas until just a few years back .. they just started a 3rd channel a couple months ago, but they are all the same, all unprofessional and basically the same, all play religious services all day sunday too

Needless to say I dont watch any of them ..

I remember playing with the TRS - 80 or known as the trash 80.

I do not miss loading programs with cassette tapes that is for sure!

What about AM radio and the Lone Ranger and The Green Hornet and the first transistor radios with a single earbud to listen too! Long division without any calculators at all, cept your fingers and toes.