Zyra Tech

Sound issue

All of a sudden I'm not getting any sound on my Geovision system. I can play a song in windows media for example but can't hear recorded sound in the playback or in the audio settings area. It shows that sound is being recieved in the window with the gain settings but cannot play back sound.

Help!

not 100% sure this will effect it, but check that the windows firewall isnt blocking the Geo Audio Server.

Try re-installing the audio codec?

The driver? I did this but didn't fix the problem.

Download the "audio codec" from geovision.

Or export a video from the Event log as an .exe. Run it, and it should re-install the codec.

As Rory stated, disable to firewall and try again.

Im leaning toward the firewall TBH

Edited by Guest

OK, a little progress. First of all, where do I download the audio codec. Couldn't find it on the geovision website.

I do get sound when I save a recorded log file as an .exe but I am still not getting sound in the application when reviewing files.

???

I shut off windows firewall entirely and that still didn't fix the problem. The strange thing is it worked when I was setting the gain and stuff upon intital installation of the program. I had an earlier version and card installed but I think I cleaned it off pretty dang good. Could that be an issue?

I also noticed that the sound icon in the corner of viewlog is grayed out and I cannot click it. I'm sure that's part of the problem.

Any more suggestions??

Got it! Somehow in the settings for viewlog, the "real time mode" was unchecked. This must be checked before you can enable sound.

Thanks for the help and suggestions on this. You all are great!

Ha!

I think I got this one

Bottom far right on the playback GUI, click on the button marked something like "realtime / frame by frame"

You only get audio playback with "realtime"

Something I learned the hard way :/