jisaac

This criminal is screwed

i wonder if this guy could have given us a better shot of his face to put on the news.

Criminals Rule #1 before you spend the next hour and a half breaking into storage units be sure to avoid looking directly into the camera.

http://arksurveillance.com/hostvids/face.avi

Not bad for a face shot to put on the news.

You appear to record in CIF more often than not?

Yet you use high pixel analogue cameras.

Why is that?

Cheers,

photys.

that camera was just a 480 line pinhole camera in a keypad.

the recording quality settings differs from place to place. If I know that at one location that one of the cameras will get excellent face shots of every person. meaning that their face will fill up a third of the camera then i dont need to record a 720x480 image. And in most locations we do atleast have one camera doing this.

Also a reason for the high end analog cameras is that the lines of res on a camera is only one of the many specs. We like to use cams like panasonics 484 SDIII series because: (just to name a few)

-auto back foucs

-excellent 128x pixel based dynamic range

-excellent color reproduction

and many many more. The fact that it is a 540 line camera is way down the list of favorite features. Also you have to think that in cable runs you dont actually get a 100% of the lines of resolution at the dvr end. Some are lost/dropped. And so having a higher res camera in the first place will ensure more resolution is making it into the dvr's video input. Have you ever seen a color camera on a long run look almost like a BW cam?

That was great .. Did any cameras catch him doing the dirty work by chance?

I don't have any catching bad guys at the couple of storage facilities I have done. I do have two good ones that I wish I would have saved.

One was a guy at the keypad pulling up and punching in numbers. While he was waiting for the gate to open, he quickly looked around to see that the coast was clear then burried his finger up to the first knuckle in his nose. He must have not entered the number correctly as he had to reach out and punch the number in again .... with the guilty finger no doubt.

The facility manager saw the footage and now carries hand disinfectant for any time she needs to punch in codes at the keypads.

Second one is a guy we call "Mr. Peepers" who seems to suffer from a vision problem. When he reaches out to enter his code with one hand, he uses the second to make an OK sign with his fingers. The curled fingers are used to make a small hole to look through. No one could understand what he was doing until I rememberd those glasses that are made up of multiple pin holes.

oh ya there is about 45 minutes of him breaking into several storage units but its pretty boring and I did not put it in the video clip. save time and save the video clip from being like 20MB

Understood ..... Please let us know how things go when this gets to court if and when you hear the details. Would love to hear the defense, if he decides to fight it.

got a shooting on video couple weeks ago at the night club .. guy died .. grainy though as it was out on the street and was a cheap BW bullet which was just on the car park .. but still could make it out enough