dchenders

anyone have experience these sites?

HI,

I'm thinking of picking up a avc760 or 761 and one camera to start.

Any input good or bad on the two sites below?

[edit by mod-sorry no store links]

Thanks

I guess I'll answer my own question for those who might be looking. I bought a avc760 and 100' cable [edit by mod] shipping was $10 which arrived in a few days. I got a 8mm ir cam from [edit by mod] that took about a week, there shipping was more$.

Got the cam today and plugged everything in it works, this is my first setup next I will probly look at a better cam maybe dvr card.

Dan

Hey,

I have never heard of the websites? What type of cameras are they and what type of chipsets do they have inside the camera?

-chad b-

I don't know I assume it is MIC claims a sony 1/3 ccd, I'm just getting started so I can't comment on the quality of cam or dvr. I am looking for a decent vari focus cam then I will have something to compare to.

070909T122849.jpg.0ce24669c68b9bee856ff78de47de96b.jpg

Well from my experience dealing with security camears, you most liking just want to make sure it is ccd qulaity, they are much better than a c-mos chip set. The size the chip really depends on the camera you are looking for.

Are you looking for an outdoor, weatherproof, infrared, varifocal camera? A multipurpose camera like that would need like a 1/3 inch sony super had ccd senor. I have sold and seen those go for 99-129 and last a vari long time. Also to be honest I would stay away from cameras with a brand name on them they are too expensive. Just look at the internals and power supply requirement. Camera with a 1 amp power supply will most likely have a high resolution and a good amount of led lights for night time viewing. Let me know what helps send me a pm if you want more infoon were to look, I can give you some really good info on it. Laters

-chad b-

I was thinking what is the compression on the DVR you have. I just did not know if that was on playback or realtime shot. Sometimes the compression rate and playback quality will have a lot to do with the image. Esp the resolution. Let me know I am headed out for the day to St. Augustine. Laters

-chad b-

can't pm yet, I am looking for

480+ lor

vari focal 3-9mm+-

color

outdoor bullet

IR unsure, I have a motion flood pointing in the same direction as cam.

don't know what can be seen w/o IR.

Thanks

Dan

can't pm yet, I am looking for

480+ lor

vari focal 3-9mm+-

color

outdoor bullet

IR unsure, I have a motion flood pointing in the same direction as cam.

don't know what can be seen w/o IR.

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan

First, here are some links to get you started in the right direction:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6122

Here is a popular IR Bullet from Nuvico (most OEM True Day Night IR bullets will have the same specs, except Dual Voltage)

http://www.nuvico.com/product_detail.asp?strCategoryCD=CC001&strModel=DAY/NIGHT%20BULLET%20CAMERAS&prod_cd=NP0041&Page=1

I have also had good luck with the Eclipse ECL-598HIM, which is similar but only 12VDC

And here is one of the best Day Night IR Cameras, from Extreme CCTV:

http://www.extremecctv.com/product_detail.php?product_id=212

The Avtech 760 is about the cheapest DVR on the planet, it is the rock bottom of DVRs, it is a budget DVR, but that said, for the price, cant beat it. Image isnt bad, especially since it is an embedded stand alone DVR, typically even with the other more expensive units, the quality downloaded to the PC can be much lower (pixelized).

Thanks for the links I'll check em out, I don't expect too much out of the 760 I'll probly go to a pc based system later on. $165 and ease of setup can't be beat.

Thanks

Dan

Man to go without IR at night you will need a camera with a good lux rating. Like 0.0001 or better. Most of the time the Star100 is a c-mount camera and it maintains a really good color image at night, however, you would need lighting for it. Or really good flood light setup in the area you want to secure.

I will send you a pm with my email and I will send you some pics and specs, for the outdoor bullet camera.

I see that you are looking at a PC based DVR in the future. Those are rocking setups in my opinion, I just have an easier time with the graphic user interphase and the usability with PTZ cameras and other hidden features.

The embedded I mentioned before has H.264 compression (M-peg 4) has great playback quality, and with combination in that Elite camera series with the 550 line resolution by Optiview is amazing. That camera was vari-focal and has IR.

Just becareful in what you buy in a dvr, b/c you really don't want to have to redo the whole setup unless you are really planning on upgrades. Although when you get to a PC level you really need to ask yourself what are you looking to acomplish and then you can compare apples to oranges, you know?

How many channels on the DVR are you looking at??

-chad b-