rory

SimpleVue Geo - Basic Remote Viewer

rory,

Can one set the resolution to anything better than 320x240 in NTSC? That option is greyed out regardless of what I do on the server's end.

regards

Hi, once you set the webcam server to 640x480 or 720x480 it will allow you to select that on the remote side. Note its in the webcam server settings, which you can edit by manually stopping the webcam server then starting it again and changing the resolution size there before hitting ok.

rory,

Can one set the resolution to anything better than 320x240 in NTSC? That option is greyed out regardless of what I do on the server's end.

regards

Hi, once you set the webcam server to 640x480 or 720x480 it will allow you to select that on the remote side. Note its in the webcam server settings, which you can edit by manually stopping the webcam server then starting it again and changing the resolution size there before hitting ok.

Hi rory and thanks for the reply, but here is what I am dealing with. In the advanced video attributes in the webcam tab window, I have tried all the Codec and settled on Mpeg4, I have tried all the others and regardless of what I select (in Codec) at the bottom the highest quality I can set is Medium and with the Quantizer at 2.

Now with that said, disabling the webcam server and restarting, the only options I get in the Video tab for image size are Normal, Middle, Large, and actual size. And regardless of what setting I select there in SimpleVue Geo the res. does not go above 320x240.

Anything that you can think off that I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

David

Hi, ignore the advanced attributes section, stopping and starting the webcam server, you should see the resolution setting there on one of the tabs. I dont have a Geo DVR right now to look at but its there somewhere, i think under Video or Video server.

It will list the actual size such as 320x240, etc

What version of the Geo Software is it?

Also, what resolution is the DVR set to?

Rory

rory, I am using gv 8.2, in Video source NTSC_M 720x480, In system configure, Camera record Settings is 720 x 480.

In the webcam server dialog box, under video I have my pick at Max. Channels and Max Image size which is listed in Norm, Middle Large and actual size. The server tab has the port boxes and Enable SSK plus Run GeoHTTP Server check boxes. Sorry, but nowhere there is there any listing of resolutions.

I dont use 8.2 so maybe they changed something, but in earlier versions it let you choose the size. Try the actual size option as that might be it. Either way its a setting on the DVR's webcam server side that allows for the higher resolutions.

Rory

Hi Rory, is there any chance Simplevue Geo will be updated to work with 8.3 Version? I love Simplevue and cant live without it. It is (was) always running on my destop. Now it connects with only grey screen.

Thanks,

can i start the multicast viever only through the web camera login or is there a program also available i can install and then i'm able to connect with a single click?

GV Multicast isn't good as simplevue geo!

it doesn't stay on top, doesn't load with one click, isn't that good resizable,.... sad it doesn't work anymore with geo v 8.3

i thought it needs only copied the different dll's and livex but hasn't worked for me.

I agree with you avware about simplevue. I really miss it as well. Multicast has to be on the same LAN to work, I think, and multiview takes time to load and is a memory hog. Can't move or resize the window. I find it strange the Geo programs don't act or run like normal Windows programs. I can't even move it to my second monitor.

Robert

Hi Guys.

If I can get my hands on a Geo 8.3 server Ill see what I can do.

Cant promise anything right away though as I dont have any installs right now and since everything works out there in the field they wont be getting upgraded just yet.

Rory

new version for Geovision 8.3.

thanks to avware providing a demo 8.3 server

this version is only for 8.3, if used for older versions it may crash.

havent done extensive testing with this yet, was mostly just a quick switch of activeX controls, so please PM me with any major errors.

I didnt have the time yet to make my own installer for the activeX and codecs so I included Geo's 8.3 webcam installer files. Everything is the same as far as the program goes except:

1-Setup folder is GeoOCX instead of LiveX.

2-No right click to change quality, please set from ini file.

3-File name is different (added 83) but you can still change that.

I will update the versions at the start of this thread when I get some free time as well as check on the quality right click setting which I removed due to errors.

Download here:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/dl/?q=SimpleVueGeo83.zip

Rory

Edited by Guest

Thank you so much - It works again with the new V8.3!

a Small Bug: when switching to a channel with video loss it quitts with "play error"

Very nice- i missed this program it is a must for my desktop at work!

- with your keyboard 1-0 and q-t (german keyboard)

- double klick to stay on top

this is what it does until now

Thats a nice little program. It would be great if it had the abilty to auto change to all you cameras every few seconds.

- with your keyboard 1-0 and q-t (german keyboard)

- double klick to stay on top

this is what it does until now

Thanks rory.

Is there a way to make it so its just a small window and not take up the whole screen ?

Thats a nice little program. It would be great if it had the abilty to auto change to all you cameras every few seconds.

Hi, this program might do what you want. Not for 8.3 yet though.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9762

Hi Rory,

is there a fix already available to change to better quallity?

Even in ini file i cant set to better then 320x240 resolution. Also when selecting a camera without signal it crashes.

When you whant i can send you a login for testing the 8.3 version.

Thank you very much,

Thanks rory.

Is there a way to make it so its just a small window and not take up the whole screen ?

Nope sorry, it was designed as a full screen app.

Sorry for the delay responding

My boss has become quite attached to SimpleVueGeo but after upgrading to 8.3 we have the 'grey screen' issue as noted in this thread, and it appears the download link above to a version which resolves this is no longer active. Is there another way to get the version which fixes this? It would be greatly appreciated!

My boss has become quite attached to SimpleVueGeo but after upgrading to 8.3 we have the 'grey screen' issue as noted in this thread, and it appears the download link above to a version which resolves this is no longer active. Is there another way to get the version which fixes this? It would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry for the delay but it can be downloaded from here now:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/dl/?q=SimpleVueGeo83.zip

main webpage:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/software/geovision/simplevuegeo.asp

I just enabled hotlinking for the CCTV forum, thats why it wasnt working before.

Rory

No prob. Im working on a way to dectect if its 8.3 or other, so it uses a different activeX control. Problem is the 8.3 seems to take over from the older one, in the registry etc, also if you run the 8.3 to connect to an older system it will cause all kinds of errors. The older one doesnt work with 8.3 though (unless im just missing a codec, but i dont think so). I really need some 8.3 test sites though, as I have no DVRs here running 8.3, no need to upgrade as they work great with 8.12.