kevmac72

covert external motion detector

Can anybody recommend a good external motion detector. Which could be utilised for a covert deployment. I have an external camera/recorder solution that requires a reliable external motion trigger. It needs to be deployed in a covert (ish) installation, 12v dc, low current consumption and be idiot proof. I know i am asking a lot but can anyone recommend a device.

Can anybody recommend a good external motion detector. Which could be utilised for a covert deployment. I have an external camera/recorder solution that requires a reliable external motion trigger. It needs to be deployed in a covert (ish) installation, 12v dc, low current consumption and be idiot proof. I know i am asking a lot but can anyone recommend a device.

The problem you are going to run into is a lot of PIR sensors are not silent when they detect motion. Somone may be able to recommend one that does not have that distinctive"click"

Better without the click, but it depends how loud it is. I don't think it would be noticed outside, but i don't know how loud it would be.

Install decorative fountains. This will mask the noise from the "click" of a detector.

It can be as simple as a self feeding cheapo. You can also put a "switch" on a ped, and put a magnet in the bottom of the fountain. If they tip it, you have another alarm.

I Installed alarms for years and never once heard any click, short of sticking your ear right up to the inside of the detector ..

Rory I am trying to sell some fountains if you do not mind.

Hey guys! They click so loud that you can hear it richochet off another building! LOL!

OK! I am lying!

LOL ok ... sell some nice ones .. maybe a little blue glossy color .. or even gold ..

If your intruder can hear the activation of the relay built into an outdoor motion detector, then you have bigger worries on your hands. Like his disabling the cameras with his X-ray / Lazer vision eyes, or being that he is faster than a speeding bullet, will the cameras even pick him up ???

The closest I have come to making an exterior motion detector covert was just disabling the LED. Then I realized I wanted them to know they tripped something, but not knowing what to expect.

In the past I have used the Optex products but still had some issues getting them dialed in correctly to avoid false alarms "security system". For CCTV use I guess a false trigger is less of a hassle.

Has anyone tried the Roconet WatchOUT Dual Tech motion detectors before ???

64401_1.jpg

http://www.riscogroup.com/Products.aspx?proid=69

No havent tried those, but have used their zodiacs for several years.

Also used their IWise Dual Techs ... thats mostly what is installed in all the food stores and many warehouses in this country.

PIR`s wont be covert, you might need to point a microwave sensor through

the wall or plaster etc. maybe even a "smoke detector" with a PIR inside

with the LED disabled. and a SSR solid state relay

z