squale

Need GOOD BNC connectors for my Siamese cable..

I have Geovision 6 and I have 3 cameras connected with Siamese cable. Each camera probably has about a 75 foot cable run. Geovision keeps giving me video lost errors and rebooting the computer. I think my BNC connectors are not good, I have 2-piece crimp on connectors. So I went out the other day and got a screw on connector, that didn't help anything, still video lost. I just CAN'T maintain a strong video signal, sometimes the signal gets all washed out, or flickers, or freezes, then finally just goes out completely. I am soo frustrated with this and the fact that the Geovision software will keep rebooting the computer when you get video lost.. and I CAN'T disable this from happening... I really am quite upset with this fact of the software..

so what I need...

1.) some new BNC crimp on connectors, the best ones that will give the best video with strongest signal?

2.) is there a way to disable Geovision from rebooting the computer when it gets video lost on any of the 3 cameras? I do NOT have the watchdog cable hooked up, it reboots windows XP pro through the geovision software somehow. I really want to DISABLE this feature, I hate it!

Thanks

You wont loose video signal with Twist Ons once they are connected properly, so its not that. Has to be some other issue, perhaps power related.

You seem pretty tech savy, and I know I am wasting my time asking this question, but I will ask it for the new people who are learning about CCTV.

I would ask, did you replace the connectors at both ends, (DVR, and Camera)?

I too have had bad crimp on connectors. It was a total nightmare on installation that I had done recently. I finally realized I had a bad bag of crimps! I had to replace everyone on the DVR end, and at every camera!

Somewhere in the supply chain the cheap crimps were mistakenly put it to a vendors order, or they were out of the better ones, and substituted the cheaper ones to fill an order. Now what do you do with a bag of 100 bad crimps? Eclipse was not to happy to hear that they had been ripped of in the supply chain. Eclipse was very proactive, and had a new bag to me the next day!

This kind of theft appears to be rampant! I have heard of medicine being "traded" for crap yet it is in the proper bottle with the proper labeling!

so true...............I just received several orders of crimps and both bags were different. I've had RG cable show up labeled 59 and it was 6. repaired cameras in new boxes. same camera returned repaired in a new box. returned cameras and no credit applied? why is that?

well can somebody give me a link to RG59 bnc crimps that are GOOD? because maybe the set I got are bad, I am just new to this so I wouldn't know the difference.

Thanks

or actually I will even buy some crimp connectors from you guys if you have any to sell. I need about 10 of them, that's all.

I am putting them on PVC Siamese cable.

To save you shipping charges try going to r@deo shak. They are about $5.00 US a piece. They may not be top of the line, but they should work if the one you have are bad.

To get good pricing you have to buy 100 per bag from the vendors. I do not know if you need that much?

well I only need 10, that's why I was hoping somebody on this forum might sell me some good ones that they know are good quality.

I would highly recommend contacting the company that you bought them from. I have dealt with this company a time, or two, but not very much.

I was in a pinch, and they came through for me!

Give them a call, see what they say. They may have been ripped off in the distribution chain, and they may be a victim as well.

I trust the S/T will take care of you!

We have been using only twist on for the last year or wo with good effect.

I will keep my fingers crossed that we do not get any of the bad BNC connectors in the channel.