dtdoak

Has anyone used CNB BE3815NVR camera?

I'm interested in adding a couple more cameras to my existing system. Has anyone used any of the CNB cameras. I'm specially interested in infrared day/night outdoor cameras that can work down to -10F. I'm trying to stay within $300 per camera? Any help or other camera suggestions are appreciated.

Anyone with experience using the CNB cameras? I would like to know also. Any input appreciated.

I recently installed this LED Color/BW dome and REALLY like it.

GREAT night time performance with IR cut filter and it has no color washout with light and dark spots at the same time during the day. The LED's work VERY well too.

A great buy IMO. I am thinking about a few more.

http://www.cnbtec.com/en/html/product/product.php?inc=spe&seqx_prod=388

I'm interested in adding a couple more cameras to my existing system. Has anyone used any of the CNB cameras. I'm specially interested in infrared day/night outdoor cameras that can work down to -10F. I'm trying to stay within $300 per camera? Any help or other camera suggestions are appreciated.

Your best bet is shy away from bullet cameras. Before you select your camera and lens combination, first you need outdoor housing with heater and blower that will sustain functionality at the temperature that you mention... Then focus on getting decent day/night camera and lens combo...

Dependent who you purchase the housing, it can set you back over $100, decent and true day/night camera and lens can set you back around $250, so you are too far off...

Weather proof Minidomes could work, but most will not comply with your temperature requirement...

Weather proof Minidomes could work, but most will not comply with your temperature requirement...

If you use a recessed vandal dome you can steal heat from the other side of the wall.

If you use a recessed vandal dome you can steal heat from the other side of the wall.

Why didn't I think of that :

Thanks for everyone's response. It's truly appreciated. Currently I have 2 bullet cameras (9100EX Korean Generic) with IR, which supposedly are similar to Speco HT-7815DNV. This is why I was asking about CNB bullets. These work OK, but wish they were better in daylight and night.

After hearing the responses I've decided to go with a heated housing (maybe Pelco EH2508) and a color/bw Box camera. I was hoping to keep the total cost of each camera (need 2 cameras) under $400. I still need to do more research on box cameras. I was a thread where Rory liked the GE KTC2000DN. The specs are great, although it seems large. I kinda would like the smallest housing and camera I can get to make it covert as possible.

On another note, I have a EX82DXL, which I purchased sometime ago on eBay. The camera was used and I had it serviced by Extreme CCTV. The camera is awesome, especially at night. I have turned the IR down to about 2/3's the normal output and it can easily see 70 feet very effectively. This camera is mounted in a tree, about 30 high. Which I could afford another EX82DXL.

Here's 2 more questions: 1) If I use a good box D/N camera with a cut filter, how good will the camera work with a separately mounted IR illuminator? 2) Does in make a difference on what wave length I use (850, 930nm)? Sorry if these questions seem dumb. This is the second phase of a self installation.

This forum has been very valuable. Regards to all.

Another thought... I was also considering a Dome camera made by EverFocus. It's model EHD350/H1, which supposely works in very cold temperatures (-40). This camera is more covert, but I'm not really sure if it stands up to a box camera. It's rated at .5 lux at F1.2. Link: http://www.everfocus.com/product.asp?id=54

Again, I need a D/N camera that is excellent at night (with no outdoor lighting, other than separate IR) and can withstand temperatures down -5F; vari-focus would be nice to.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated. Thanks again.

1) If I use a good box D/N camera with a cut filter, how good will the camera work with a separately mounted IR illuminator?

It will work great, once the camera and IR are good. See example below using a Sanyo Day Night and a UF500 IR Bulb.

Animation2.gif

2) Does in make a difference on what wave length I use (850, 930nm)? Sorry if these questions seem dumb. This is the second phase of a self installation.

850nm will go further than 950. The greater the filter the less IR Output, also less IR glow; 950nm is not visible to the human eye, while 850nm is.

Seems interested with this topic.

950nm IR LEDs just see in around 20M IR visible range, but human can not see it, 850nm was normal one, with further distance, but we can see the light in dark.

Suggest use Varifocal Lens IR Camera for that.

Hi!

I think I would have chosen B2315NVF instead of the BE3815NVF, mainly different is that 3815 have DSS which really isnt D/N function you ask me. Go for a ICR/SDNR camera.

CNB is a mid range camera manufacture, where the cameras is at the top of mid range camera quality with mid range price so I think they are a good buy! Good Value!

JD