Hi there,

looking for info or experiences with ILDVR hardware compression cards, models that will do 8 channels at D1. From the specs it looks pretty good but how does it fare in the real world.

Thanks in advance

As i know, most ILDVR hard compression card are hikvision series cards, especially the cards that can support D1.

If the cards you are looking for is that series and the management software is good enough, you can rest assured to try.

I tested one of their cards a few years ago. Bernard, the owner of Bernclare said it was much better quality then Geovision, but I wasn't that impressed and the software was bit clumsy.

Hi 501 , are you using ilDVR cards ? I think they are very different cards between Geovision.

iLDVR card(in fact is Hikvision card) is Hardware compress card . it's using American TI Chipset to compress video signal. so cost very little CPU , you can make a 64channel 1920fps DVR system with it.

Geovision card (in fact is Korean card) is software compress card. it's only used to receive video signal from camera, and then compress them by CPU. so only support 32ch DVR and can't reach realtime either.

If we only compare hardwares, Hikvision cards are much better than Geovision's. do you think so?

In China. most of DVR cards are Hardware compress . for example: Hikvision ,Skyvision .etc

I think software is already more advanced than before. I suggest you have a test with Skyvision's software : NBV6 or iDVR.

http://www.skyvision.com.cn/en/Download.asp?BigClassName=DVR%20NBV6