a94cobra

Monitor for DSP output

I put in a 1480 and gonna use the DSP out for a monitor in the customer viewing area.

What is everyone using here? Seems like the cheapest solution would be a TV set.

Is there a cheap way to hook up an LCD monitor unit?

Using an LCD Monitor for the DSP output would not be doing the DSP output justice.

A High quality (Brand name typically) CCTV CRT Monitor will be better quality than a TV, though the TV would work also.

Ive used the GE (Kalatel) in the past myself, as well as Samsung and a couple other brands I cant remember the names of right now. Most important is to get their high res versions, 500TVL or greater for color, 650-1000TVL for B/W.

Thanks for the recommendations.

I found Avermedia makes an adapter to use an LCD monitor. I could get that and a LCD screen for around $200-300. CCTV monitors are around $500.

Not sure I care about the quality there. Just using it so the customer gets a reminder he is on tape.

Do you think it really matters.

that would be a Composite to VGA converter. You can get them cheap or expensive, same quality typically. Its up to you, I use a viewsonic model here, works well, quality is nothing compared to a CRT but I save alot of space. The model I have also converts Cable TV to VGA so I can watch TV on my regular PC LCD.

Cheapo TV set, just make sure it has a composite input.

This assumes it is going up front for basically the customers to see that they are captured.

Ya, a CRT would look better but, an LCD TV makes way more sense. Cheaper, smaller and lookes way better to customers then a CRT, which is just ugly.

Westinghouse has a 22" wide that has lots of inputs. Not really a TV, no tuner.

Looks affordable. Don't really need 22 inches, or widescreen, but all I can find.

Westinghouse has a 22" wide that has lots of inputs. Not really a TV, no tuner.

Looks affordable. Don't really need 22 inches, or widescreen, but all I can find.

how much was that 22inch WH?

All I need is the composite video in. They have that as well as component, with all the audio. So for other uses it would work out good too.